Helping the Wounded Beast

I slowly walked back to my house, deep in thought.

'Who saved me?... Why does he seem so familiar?....' I thought to myself.

His eyes... There's something about those eyes....

I passed a tree, then got the sudden feeling I was being watched. I quickly spun around, then surveyed my surroundings, only to see nothing. I turned back around,  then sighed. Then I mumbled to myself, "Wait... Why don't I just teleport home using Chaos Cont-" My eyes widened.

"Shit, I forgot about the Chaos Emerald!" I mumbled in annoyance. I heavily sighed, then turned around once again, and walked in the opposite direction.

I walked to the area where Eggman had attacked, only to find himself and the robot gone. I gave a humph of satisfaction that the fat man had been taught a lesson he would probably never forget.

Anyways, I searched the area in every single place imaginable,  up in trees, behind rocks, inside bushes, etcetera. No luck. I sighed once more.

"I came out here for nothing..." I mumbled.

Then, I heard a soft whimper. I looked around, then stayed silent, to listen to where the noise's source was coming from.

After a moment of silence, another soft whimper sounded, coming from nearby on my left. I turned my head to the source of the whimpering,  and saw a bush gently rustle.

I arched an eyebrow,  then slowly and cautiously walked towards the bush. I quietly approach the bush, then parted it, to find my savior from not too long ago, crouched down, and whimpering, obviously in pain.

He looked up at me, his emerald eyes moist with tears starting to form.

I looked into his eyes, then glanced down at his large, clawed hands, bloody and large shards of broken glass lodged in his palm.

I grimaced.

"Ouch..." I mumbled.

He whimpered a little more. In the moonlight, I could see a tear run down his wolf-like snout.

I walked through the bush to stand right next to him, and crouched down.

"Here, let me see your hand..." I said quietly.

He hesitated for a second, but nodded slightly, and gently showed his wounded hand. I carefully took his large hand into both of my hands, and examined the glass in his hand.

He stayed still, whimpering quietly.

"These must have gotten lodged into your hand when you punched the glass..." I murmured quietly. I looked up at my savior, and he nodded slowly, whimpering slightly.

I focused back on his hand.

"I'm gonna have to take the glass out from your hand... Ok?.." I said, looking at him once more.

He slowly nodded, quivering slightly. I looked back down at his hand, and I gripped a piece of glass in my hand, then yanked it out.

He whimpered loudly, and I saw in the corner of my eye that he closed his eyes shut. I ignored his reaction, then gripped another piece of glass, then ripped it out of his flesh. He howled slightly,  but I shushed him.

"Sh.. We don't want anyone to hear you..." I whispered as I looked up at him.

He nodded, then took slow and steady breaths.

I looked back down at the remaining piece of glass lodged deep into his hand.

I gripped it firmly, then yanked it out as hard as I could.

My savior whimpered through clenched teeth, eyes shut tight.

I looked up at him, then looked around the area to see if there was something to bandage the wound.

I spotted a torn rag on the grassy earth, so I crawled over to it and picked it up,  then crawled back to the mysterious savior.

He gave me his wounded hand once more,  and I gently held it in my two hands, and carefully wrapped the injury. Luckily,  the rag fit just right on his giant mitt.

"There you go.." I say to the unknown figure, a small smile on my lips.

He glanced down at his hand, and his eyes lit up. He looked up at me, a grin spread across his face. Suddenly, he bowled me over, and began covering my face with slobbery licks.

"Alright, alright! I get it!" I chuckle softly as I gently push him off. "Don't push your luck..." I mumble with a small grin.