[05] Sit Still, Look Pretty

My baby boy Iwan in the media bar playing Parker. Don't you wanna hug him?

Oh, I don't know what you've been told

But this gal right here's gonna rule the world

Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be because I wanna be

No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty.

~Daya, Sit Still Look Pretty

I got lost four times.

This blooming train station was ginormous and so far I had seen no hot guys who could carry my bag.

Needless to say my first opinion of America wasn't the best it could have been.

And on top of that it was raining, which is something I should have been used to, living in England all my life, but that didn't mean I had to like dragging this stupid suitcase in the rain with water dripping from my clothes like a waterfall, probably looking like a homeless person.

"Would you like some help with that?"

I was so happy to hear that sentence I practically jumped on the man who had spoken.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed, practically throwing the suitcase at the poor guy.

He chuckled and grabbed the handle, "I'm Parker, welcome to America."

"America hasn't been very welcoming I'm afraid." I informed him, tucking a drenched lock of hair behind my ear.

"It's not usually like this," He told me, "Must have known you were coming." He teased.

I gaped at him, "Cheeky," I muttered, shaking my head, "Keep talking and I'll beat you up with my suitcase."

"I'd believe you, if you could actually pick it up in the first place." He said, snorting.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you calling me weak, boy?"

"Whatcha gonna do bout it girl?" He fired back.

We just glared at each other for a few seconds before bursting into fits of laughter, "You're not so bad." I told him.

"Likewise," He gave me a cheeky grin, "Now let's go before we miss our train."

I blinked, "Back up a bit, our train?"

He smirked, he seemed to like having the upper hand but I wasn't having any of that. I reached up and yanked his ear, "How do you know where I'm going, huh? Are you stalking me? Omg, you're a creep aren't you? Or are you a spy? I'm not even an American citizen, what do you want from me, huh? Are you here to abduct me? Are you going to kill me, or torture me for information? I'm too young to die! How much are they paying you, tell me!" The last bit was accompanied by a sharp twist of his ear.

"Ouch, ouch, goddamnit you crazy woman, it's on your suitcase." He yelped, while trying to get away from me.

I let go of him, "Oh." I said, looking down at the Songbird Academy sticker on my suitcase.

He shook his head, "I should have recorded that. Now, are you going to have another fit of paranoia or can we please leave?"

I rolled my eyes, "It was hardly a fit. I was just making sure you weren't going to drug me and rape me."

"You sure have a sad opinion of this place." He noted, looking over at me, as we started walking to the platform. 

I shrugged, "Maybe it'll get better. So you're going to Songbird Academy too?"