[06] Adored By Him

Pretty girl with the adventurous mind

You envision so much you make me look blind

You spark his life in ways I'll never know

And I won't hate you

But oh it stings

How does it feel

To be adored by him?

~Dodie Clark, Adored By Him

"They'll love you, I promise."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Yes because I was totally worried about what your little friends thought of me."

Jesse scoffed, "What turned you into a heartless b itch?"

I looked at him and gave him a glare cold enough to freeze hot chocolate. I could tell that he was trying to hide it, but he was visibly taken back by it, and he gulped before looking away.

"She's scary, isn't she?" Parker said good-naturedly, as he smiled at the two of them.

"She's right here." I informed him, "She also wants to know why you're taking her to the goddamn end of the train."

"The best seats are at the back of the train, duh." Parker told me in a matter of fact tone, making me roll my eyes.

"And stop talking about yourself in third person." Jesse added, "It's weird."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "When I want your opinion I'll ask. But don't wait for it, it's never gonna happen."

Jesse narrowed his eyes at me, "Okay listen up. I don't know how people do things in your continent but I sure as hell am not taking your bullsh it. You need get your head out of your ass and learn how to have a normal conversation with people."

I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't taken aback by what he said, but I sure as hell wasn't letting him know that. I rolled my eyes, "I'm nice if I want to be."  I told him, "Maybe if you stopped being so bloody annoying we could converse like normal people."

He opened his mouth to say something but I kept going, "And don't act like we don't know what this is really about."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Oh? Well then, pray tell, what is this about?"

"No one's ever stood up to you before." I said, "It's so evident you could be screaming it out to me. Face it, you've never been told to shut up and your bad boy ego can't take it."

"You don't know what you're talking about." He growled out, and if this was a comic, there would be steam coming out of his years right now, "You don't know me," He grit out, "So don't pretend like you do."

I gazed at my nails, "I don't know about that. Guys like you are pretty by the book." I looked at him, "Contrary to what you might think, I'm not a b itch. Maybe if you thought about someone other than yourself, which is rather doubtful, I might add, then maybe you'd realise how bloody hard it is for someone to pack all their things up and move to another freaking continent."

I grit my teeth when I felt the moisture accumulating in my eyes. I can't cry, I told myself.

But Jesse, being the idiot that he is, noticed and just gazed at me.

For a long period of time, might I add.

Then his lips quirked up into a smile. Not a smirk, mind you, but an actual smile.

I blinked, "What?"

He shook his head with a grin, "Nothing," He said, "Let's get you to your seat, Your Highness."