Chapter 3

Hiccup woke up to his side killing him along with his body feeling heavy. He felt like he had boulders tied to his body. Letting out a groan he tried to open his eyes. Shutting them quickly as he opened them, the light felt blinding as he tried to raise his hand to cover them. Sadly, he couldn't even move a finger to his delight. Only make small, quiet groaning noises as he tried to turn his head.

"I think he's waking up"

Hiccup heard the sound of a nerdy voice along with footsteps coming closer to him. The bed began to shift along with feeling something being put on the top of his forehead.

"Hiccup"

That voice. It sounded so familiar to Hiccup. Like a distant memory that Hiccup had hidden in his mind. Cracking his eyes open ever so gently, Hiccup tried to look up at the owner of the voice. "Astrid..."

Hiccup could not believe his eyes. The Viking girl that he had survived in the storm with was the very girl in front of him. Well....woman. She was older. She still wore her hair in a braid that was now tossed of her shoulder and her face was fuller, but still as beautiful as ever. Her outfit now had more fur around her shoulders that formed a hood, along with a red shirt. She still wears her shoulder pads but now has arm bands that are larger and with fur.

Hiccup felt like he was still dreaming, it was only until he pushed himself up to get a closer look at Astrid did he feel the pain of the real world. "Oooowww. Pain" Hiccup clutched his side in agony as he looked to see that he was half naked with bandages wrapped around his top, sealing the his wounded side.

"You have to lie down. You have a fever and you could open your stitches." Astrid pushed Hiccup back on the bed.

"You make it sound like you were the one who sewed him up."

Hiccup turned his head to see past Astrid at the party behind her. There were three other people in what looked to be a cabin like house. "Where...."

"We're in a secluded house that is in the middle of the woods that we found you in. It's been abandoned for years." The man had blonde dreadlock hair and wore a grayish blue color fur vest that he had over his grey shirt. He wore brown paints with spiked knee caps and bands wrapped around his shoes.

"So you don't have to worry about a thing." Next to the dreadlock man was a woman who looked very similar to the man next to her. They must have been twin because the hair color and farcical feature looked very similar. Her hair was braided in two strains that went on each side of her. On each end were two balls that looked like pompoms. She too wore a brown fur vest that went over her grey shirt. Underneath was her tan color skirt that went over her grey leggings. She wore regular Viking boots that had grey fur on the top of them. They were both sitting on a chair staring at Hiccup.

Hiccup raised an eyebrow at the weird Vikings. He then remembered that Toothless was in danger as well. "Toothless"

"He's fine" The nerdy voice that Hiccup heard before came from the husky man that was next to Toothless. The man was wearing a brown furry outfit that had brown furry armbands, a belt with pockets and a helmet with something that resembles little Gronckle wings. Along with his short blonde hair, it looked like he was growing a beard for it was thin like it was just beginning to grow. "I made sure to give him a strong dose of anti-venerious to counter act the poison. He should be better before you know it"

Hiccup looked to see Toothless was sleeping peacefully as he let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you" Hiccup leaned back into the bed as he closed his eyes for a minute before opening again to look at the Vikings. "I see, you have definitely changed. Let's hope the punching thing is gone"