Chapter 7

The sounds of waves could be heard in Hiccup's ears. The ground began to rock as if he were on a boat. Cracking his eyes open, Hiccup met with a painful light and the smell of the ocean air. Hiccup tried to rub at his head to where the pain hurt but felt he was unable to. Hiccup saw that he had chains on both his wrist that held him up.

Becoming fully awake with fear, Hiccup looked at the chains and began to pull them. He felt that there was a weight on them and only stopped when he heard a cry from behind him. Turning his head to look behind him, Hiccup saw that Astrid was too held up by chains on her wrist. Hiccup tried to turn around to look at her but saw that his ankles had chains on them as well.

Getting a better look at his surroundings, Hiccup saw that they were on the front deck of the large ship. The boy could see over the top of the tall wooden bow. Hiccup could not see the water but definitely could tell they were moving by the rocking of the boat. Hiccup then looked at the chain to see that his ankle chain was a short link to Astrid's ankles. Hiccup then looked up to see that the chains that are on his wrists went up and through a small iron circle that led to Astrid's wrist chains. It was made so that if either Astrid or Hiccup were to pull on them their arms would come out of their sockets.

Hiccup and Astrid looked at each other worriedly before hearing some footsteps coming towards them.

"Interesting invention, isn't it?"

Astrid and Hiccup looked to see that it was the same dark man that had kidnapped them. Both refused to say a word as the man stalk towards them.

"It was made to test the relationship of the captors. To see if they truly trust each other" Drago held Astrid by the chin who in returned tried to bite his finger. Drago got his hand away just in time but loved the spirit he saw. He saw one of his generals begin to take out his blade but Drago put his hand up to tell the general it was alright. "I do love that fighting spirit." Drago walk to the other side where Hiccup was and he stood in front of the young dragon rider to get a good look at him. Seeing the boy growl at him, in a way to ward him off, Drago chuckled. "It would be put to very good use with the plans I have for you"

"Plans?" Astrid gritted her teeth as she tried to look over her shoulder. Inside, she was terrified, but the last thing Astrid wanted to do was to show it to any of these men. "What plans?"

"You don't have to worry about any of that." Drago smirked when he replied to the captive girl. Drago watched the boy hold his tongue and just continue to growl at him. Drago found it quite amusing that the boy refused to speak. But Drago was not worried. The boy would speak; they had all the time in the world to get the boy to talk, one way or another. "All that you two need to do...is just stay there and wait till we arrive at your new home"

After that, Drago and his men walked away. Astrid watched him go and then felt the chains began to pull a little as she looked back at Hiccup. She looked at him worriedly as she saw him let out a sigh.

They both stood there for awhile, until Astrid decided to speak quietly. "I see two men on the deck in front of me and one steering the ship." Astrid tried to look at Hiccup and saw that he had his eyes close like he was thinking. "Why would they have so little guards guarding us?"

"Because they know we won't leave the ship without our dragons, plus he knows I won't escape without risk hurting you" Hiccup let out another frustrated sigh as he leaned back into the post. "Plus this ship seems very large, large enough to have more than one layer to it. So I suppose in one of those areas, they are keeping Toothless and Stormfly, along with the rest of the dragons, there."

Astrid thought about what Hiccup said, but after a while only one thing came to her, "How are we going to get out of here?" Astrid began to ask.

"Some how, some way" Hiccup felt his arms begin to hurt a little as he tried to stretch them without hurting Astrid. "And we better do it soon...before the situation gets any worse"