Chapter Eleven

Previously in Royal Blood:
Alexandria (the princess) has decided to runaway from the palace because she does not like the way her mum (the queen) runs the country. She has ended up in a forest where she then met Jasper who has decided to help her. They overheard that rebels are also after the princess which is rather worrying. Jasper eventually takes Alexandria back to where he lives and introduces her to his boyfriend. I bet you all thought he was the love interest ;) Max (the boyfriend) doesn't seem that happy to have a runaway princess in his house but has agreed to help. The three of them are now planning what to do...

The three of us sit around a table in the kitchen and begin to discuss plans. I sip my tea and sit there quietly as my mind is currently blank. Questions are being flown at me by both Jasper and Max about where I want to go, how long I want to be there for, do I even want to stay in the country. I honestly had no idea that there would be so much to think about. If I could sit quietly and let them do all the work then I would do but that was not the way I was brought up. Sixteen years of war history and demanding people about has not lead me to be quiet.

"To begin with I have no idea where I want to go but it has to be somewhere where people won't expect me to be. As for the length of time I want to be there, it has to be long enough for me to make some kind of change or until I realize what I can do to make a change. No one will ever want me as a leader if I am like my mother. I think that leaving the country would be too risky and if I got caught I would look like a traitor. That wouldn't help my image or the monarchy's at all." I tell the two boys and I only then realize that Jasper is taking notes.

Max and Jasper then share a glance at each other once I have finished talking. "You could leave The Island. That would be unexpected." Max says to me.

I consider what he has said and I know that it is true. "You have a point. My mother would never expect me to venture so far away from the palace. The only problem is the bridge. There are always guards monitoring who is entering and leaving The Island. We would never go unnoticed." I start to feel defeated because that leads my only option to be staying on The Island which doesn't feel like I am doing anything.

Jasper smirks at me and then so does Max. "There could be another way to reach the Mainland though." he keeps smirking me.

Shaking my head at him I ask "What do you mean? Everyone knows that the only way to travel from The Island to the Mainland is to go over the bridge. And if there was another way you would think I would know about it." the two boys just burst out laughing when I say this. "What now?"

"Oh trust me princess, there are plenty of things that the royal family don't know about and the tunnels are just one of the things." Jasper says to me.

"Wait, what tunnels?" I ask, feeling stupid all of a sudden.

"Should we show her?" Jasper turns and asks Max who nods at him. "Come with us princess and we'll show you what we mean." he then says and gets up before I can say anything to him.

For a moment I just sit where I am feeling stunned. What tunnels are they on about? What do they mean there are things that the royal family don't know about? I'm so confused and I am sure that they must be winding me up. I only get up when I realize that I'm sat at the table by myself.

Jasper and Max have already started walking further into the forest but luckily I am able to catch up with them. "How far do we have to go?" I ask them hoping it is not far.

"It's about ten minutes away." Max replies to me and I follow him.

He was right. About ten minutes later we stop walking and Jasper announces that 'we are here' but I don't know what he means. There are no tunnels anywhere in sight. "What am I suppose to be looking at?" I ask them.