The Side Effects of Becoming A Human Again

Cole yawned, shoving his black hair away from his green scar and moving the dark strands away from his facial area in general. He laid down on his bed, and attempted to fall asleep, as did the rest of the ninja.

Jay noticed a sleeping pattern of Cole's, however. He noticed that, after passing through the Rift at the very last moment and barely making it to become human again, not all ghostly features of Cole's were removed. Yes, there was still one thing the raven-haired boy could still do even as a human. It wasn't anything too big or noticeable unlike the scar on his face, but rather subtle.

Jay walked over to his sleeping friend quietly. He brushed the hair out of his face and lightly caressed his cheek, stroking it softly with his thumb. Cole smiled in his sleep, but did not wake. Jay pressed his lips to Cole's forehead quickly and softly, and he felt a slight vibration arise from the black ninja's throat.

The purr was sweet sounding, like a cat's, but shy and quiet, as if he still was unsure of how to purr.

Jay smiled, adoring the way his friend acted almost like a cat in his sleep. Jay laid down next to him, arms wrapped around the other boy's body, as he whispered, "Goodnight Cole."