Relaxing

Pokémon AU

Soul Archer laid with his back against a tree, taking a deep breath of the cool forest air. His partner, Decidueye, laid beside him.

"You know, Decidueye, someday we can take on the Pokémon League." The Arrow Quill Pokémon nodded in agreement.

"But for now," Archer said, "We should just relax here. Without a care in the world."

Soul Archer took a deep breath, and was about to let himself fall asleep, when—

"GOD DAMN IT, DRIFBLIM, I TOLD YOU NOT TO— DRIFBLIM!!!"

Archer grumbled. He knew that voice.

Archer and Decidueye got up to see who was intruding on the peacefulness of the moment, to see a familiar face hanging upside-down from a tree branch, a vine wrapped around his ankle, and a Drifblim eating a Pomeg Berry as it looked on passively.

"Drifblim, get me down from here."

"Blim!"

"DRIFBLIM, I SWEAR TO ARCE—Hey, Soul Archer."

"Morro, what did you do this time?"

"I'm sure Drifblim over there would be happy to explain."

"Blim."

Archer sighed. "Decidueye, use Spirit Shackle on the vine."

The Grass-type Pokémon did so, and Morro dropped onto the ground, face-first.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Drifblim continued to laugh at its clumsy trainer, much to Morro's distaste.

"Okay, now that that squabble is over... Decidueye, let's go back to relaxing."