Survival

Josh's POV
  The annual purge announcement came on the tv. I look at Tyler and his face was washed with fear. I pull him close and hold him while the sirens start to sound. Then, everything goes  silent. There was no sound of cars outside or people walking. It was so silent you could hear a pen drop. I look down at Tyler.
" Ty i'm going to get up and look at the security cameras, people will start to get out to purge soon."
He nods his head and i got up. i look at the screen and everything looked fine. The streets are bear. No one has left there houses yet but this  wasn't unusual. People that live in the neighborhood almost never purge, that's one reason why me and Tyler moved here in the first place. I watch the cameras for a couple of minutes then make my way back to the living room. Ty is already watching purge events on the tv and his face is bear. I go to our room and grab his keyboard. This always calms him down and gets his mind off things plus, it gives him a chance to show me the new stuff he's wrote. I take the keyboard to the living room and sit it in front of Ty.
" Hey Ty, you got any new stuff you've been working on."
He smiles,"yea actually, i've been waiting to show you."
He sits up and goes to our bedroom and grabs his notebook. His notebook has all his music and lyrics in it,he barely ever lets me see it. He sits in front of me and flips through the pages until he finds it. He starts to play.
"all my friends are heathens take it slow,
wait for them to ask you who you know,
please don't make any sudden moves,
you don't know the half of the abuse"
He plays a couple of choruses on his keyboard and he looks like he's in his own world.This is one thing I love about him, no matter what situation he's in if he plays music he goes into his own little world. He stops playing and looks up at me with a childish smile. I clap and he blushes and bows. Just as we are laughing we hear a gun shot. I jump up and Tyler looks at me, the smile instantly gone. I run over and look at the security cameras. There was a group of people walking down the middle of the street. They stopped in front of our house but turn and walked across the street. They began shooting the house and you could hear the gunshots. I could see them break down the door and go in. I looked at Tyler who was sitting on the couch petrified. I ran to the living room.
"Tyler grab ur phone and all the things you need and go to the safe room."

"Josh what are you talking about what's happening?!?"

"Tyler there is a group of people across the street-"
There was screaming coming from across the street. I run the look at the cameras and the group had pulled the people out of the house into the street and was holding them at gunpoint.

"Josh?!?!"

"TYLER GET INTO THE SAFE ROOM NOW!"
I could hear Ty jump up and run to the closet. I keep watching the cameras and then the group kill the poor family. The group runs around the dead family and then suddenly stop. They turn and look out my house. I run through the living room and get into the safe room. Ty is in the far corner in a ball tears running down his cheeks.

"Josh what's happening."

"Tyler this group of people are coming okay," i make him look at me," they are not going to hurt you i promise."

We both hear gunshots.Then we hear the door crashing to the ground.