1.0

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Mark: Monday, 5 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I settled at my desk, it was today and then two more days before I could leave and refuse to come back - even though I knew I would, this was a good gig I had going on here. If only Jack hadn't been in this class, I would have been fine. I would have been alright. I would not have been feeling this exhausted and thus deprived of feeling.

In the door came Elise, she smiled at me and set down a ceramic mug on my desk. "I brought you some tea, I thought it might help you feel better. You look kind of pale."

"Thanks." I said. "I'm not sick though."

"Well, it's flu season, so just be careful, okay?" Elise said. She was always so kind and sweet about everything, my mind would occasionally wander over to what Felix told me about her, but I tried to ignore the best I could. I wasn't interested in this girl like that.

After a beat of silence, Elise tottered back towards the door. "Well, class is starting soon. I hope you feel better Mark. I can tell something is bothering you. If you want to talk, I can listen, okay? I have second period free too, you know."

"Thanks Elise." I flashed a weak smile to her as she walked out of the room. I looked at the glass of tea, I wasn't a big fan of it but maybe it would help me after all. So I would take small sips of it before setting it back down.

In the students poured, Jack kept his head down and refused to meet my eye. I guess I was okay with that. "Mr. Fischbach," Emily spoke and I turned my head to her. "You look like you've been hit by a bus! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just a bit tired I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Here, have this." Emily set down a protein bar on my desk. "You should try it, I have them in the morning and they work like coffee, I bet you would like it too!"

"Thank you Emily." I gave her a small smile and she looked rather pleased with herself before settling back down in her chair. Smoothing out her shorter-than-all-hell skirt among her legs and I watched her do it, she caught my eye too, but she only smiled as if she was innocent.

I cleared my throat and took role. "Jack McLoughlin." I said and Jack didn't even react to me. "Jack?" I turned my head to him and could see that he also looked exhausted.

"Here.." He mumbled. I nodded before turning back and doing the rest of attendence. The students solved problems on the board and when Jack rose his hand, I wasn't the only one who was surprised.

"Go ahead, Jack." I said and I passed him the marker. He stood up and solved it on the board, I didn't look until he was done. He threw the marker back down and sat back at his seat. I looked at it and blinked a few times. "That's.. That's it. Good job, Jack."

"Sure." He replied. Everyone was incredibly shocked by this, even though no one outwardly reacted to it, I could see that he didn't even respond himself.

I continued the problems, and on the next one Emily's hand shot up into the air. She took the marker and smiled before handing it back to me. I looked it over before nodding. "Very good, Emily. That's one hundred percent correct."

"Woo!" Emily clapped with a bit of forced enthusiasm. She gave a high five to Gena and then I resumed with the class; Emily answered four more problems correctly.

When class ended, Jack allowed himself to linger long enough to be the last one in the classroom. He walked up to my desk and handed me his worksheets that were due last week. "By the way," He said. "I only got that problem right because it was on this worksheet."