1.7

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Tuesday, 12 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

From The Author:

This chapter has sensual context that some may view as offensive. Reader discretion is advised and the author cannot take responsibility for you loss of innocence. Thank you.

When I got up, it was early in the morning. Very early, about three AM. Mark was still fast asleep so I climbed out of his bed and headed downstairs. I was still shaken by what Wade had previously said to me. He said he knew about Emily, and I had no idea what that meant. Frankly, I didn't want to.

I wanted Emily out of my life more than anything right now. She was always talking about her master plan and that she was going to win and even though I knew it would never happen, I was already infuriated by the tricks she was going to pull.

"Dammit all.." I grumbled as I began to make coffee. Coffee makes everything better if you ask me; the raging coffee-holic that I am.

I didn't want to go to school, I hadn't gone yesterday and I didn't plan on going today. Even though there was another reason.

When I walked towards the window, I could see the blizzards of snow coming down from the sky. It looked beautiful, but it shocked me on how stunning it really was for its danger.

Then with a wavering of lights, the power went off and I laughed a little. "Great." I muttered as I continued to look off into the night.

About thirty minutes later, Mark came stumbling down the stairs and he could see me sitting in the moonlight watching the world go by. "Jack, there you are." He said as he came over to me. He put a hand on the back of the chair that I was sitting in and looked at the snow outside.

"Power is out." I announced.

"I see." Mark replied. "You're just watching the snow? It's really coming down heavy."

"It's beautiful." I commented without thinking. "There's millions - if not more - snowflakes, and every single one is different." I turned my head to Mark who was watching in amusement. "Isn't that just crazy to think about?"

"Very, now that you mention it." Mark said as he laughed a little bit. "I thought you were a punk when we first met but now I know you're just a little flower."

"You thought I was a punk?" I laughed.

"You walked straight up to me and said 'hey gorgeous' as your first greeting." Mark laughed while pulling up a chair next to me. "Not really a good way to start."

"I was just stating what I thought. I think you're gorgeous." I commented and I could see Mark blushing. "Sorry if I make you uncomfortable." 

"You don't." Mark said and I felt myself wanting to tease it out.

"I don't?" I laughed. "Bull. Roar."

"I think I'm entirely comfortable around you now. Just yesterday was a little rough. But I've realized that I'm at the point where I can confidently commit myself to you." Mark flashed a smile and I nodded, very pleased.

The lights flickered on and I got out from the chair and put it back as I sat down on the couch. Mark watched me and followed suit. I watched him sit down and slid over to him so our legs were pressed together.

"You think you're comfortable with me?" I asked once more. I still didn't believe Mark, I wanted to, but I didn't.

"Yeah." Mark nodded his head. "I can tell just by the look on your face you think I'm lying. Why would I lie about it? Why are you calling me a liar?"