Chapter 1: Can You Hear My Heartbeats?

"Contestant #8 representing Russia, please welcome Shirai Yuria!"

I can hear my heartbeat...

Her blonde hair drooped to the ground as her porcelain face looked down to the ground near the ice. Time has stopped in this very moment. The ice scent drifted to her nose, the familiar sensual feeling when she's near the ice. Ice was her dance field. Ice Skating was in her blood.

She closed her eyes.

"My dreams will come true..."

Stepping on the ice, the crackling feeling traveled in her veins. Skating softly, her blonde hair flew in the wind, her red eyes searching through the audiences. Her blue and white thin dress resemble a fairytale dress, of a certain girl who ventured into another world. Her ribbons fluttered.

"Shirai will perform the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky for her Free Program."

The lutz of the music wandered to her ears, as she commenced her routine. Moving as gracefully like a ballerina, her serpentine sequences was received with applauds.

At the age of 15 in the Junior Figure Skating Bracket, she could already do what most pros considered as difficult.

Rotating herself, she raised her right leg and grabbed with her left and right arm. The spin was exhilarating, she can feel the music and icy scent resulting in more hysteria and lust.

"A Biellmann Spin."

Going into another sequence- the circular sequence- she was moving fluidly and passionately like a princess, elegantly dancing as if there was another person dancing with her at the same time. Flowing quickly in her speed, she can feel the heartbeats of her hearts when she releases her left leg in front of her.

The freezing air was exposed to her body while spinning rapidly toward the sky. Landing, she jumped again. It was intoxicating as she landed with her left leg backward.

"Triple axel followed by a double toe loop."

I did it! She cheered in her head, but that wasn't the end of the song yet. She had more than 3 minutes left for this free program. I have to be elegant as possible... I am the Princess of Ice..

Swiftly to another serpentine sequence, her legs were moving as quickly as possible to accommodate this move. Before the Junior's World Championship, she made sure to perfect this move as much as possible.

Wouldn't the circular sequence be better, Yuria? You should focus on other movements..

I want to be as elegant as possible; if I am to become a princess among the rest, then this movement is perfect for this dancing song. Dance, my heart!

Crossovering a few jumps, she lands with enough speed to curve another spin, she raised her right leg to her waist perpendicularly.

"Flying Camel Spin." Moving a bit with the music, she looks back at the audience. They weren't speaking nor clapping. Their eyes were glazed like mirrors, reflecting back the views of her. Smiling, she pulled her right leg again, she used one of her hand to hold in on the knee.

"Kerrigan Spiral."

Raising her hand like she was receiving an applause, she knew it was still silent. Swiftly moving like a fairy, she reminiscence.

"You're doing it wrong again!!!" Her coach slammed the newspaper on the frame of the figure skating rink. They were practicing the spiral she was going to use for this competition.

"You're not straight! Hell with this spiral, go back to the Charlotte spiral!"

"Let me try again..."