Chapter 2: Tired of Feeling.. Never Enough

Yuria's Pov

"What part of this don't you understand, Yuria Alisa Shirai! We won't let you skate again in a thousand year! Your mother would say the exact thing!" I gritted my teeth. The doctor informed the person that I would never inform about, never in a million years.

"You can't control my life, Uncle Alexander. I want to skate, even with this condition. My mother wouldn't have said for me to quit. She would have wanted me to keep on living my dream--"

"Don't speak ill of the dead, Yuria!" Feeling pain on my cheeks, I only stared up to my uncle in distaste. My mother died early in her early life, where father tried to take care of me himself. But due to my career, I was taken to my mother's brother, Alexander.

My uncle was against to mother's marriage to a Japanese Critiquer of Arts. Right when I stepped into his house, the first thing was for me to adjust my life to the Russian world. Not even an accent of Japanese remained in my blood. Alexander hated my very being, tainted by "the shinigami that destroyed many performers."

Shirai Kaito was a famous critiquer who was heartless but truthful in his critique. He has gained bad reputation for saying the truth and dismaying them in magazines, but he has pinpointed on the weaknesses and commended them in a later article if they were able to fix it. Even my mother was a victim of his critique, but fell in love with him after he made a promising review that made her renowned throughout.

I smiled at the tale. My father always told the tale every time he came back from Japan. Unfortunately, father is permanently placed in Japan after rebuking his green pass by angry performers he visited throughout the world. Due to my figure skating passion, I stayed in Russia.

"I'm not speaking ill... Aren't you the very person who made her stay in that bedroom forever?!" I harshly said, before stomping up the stairs of the house. The house was old, rickety with all the loose wood.

"YURIA!" The sounds of my stomping was intensified as I closed the door with the loudest slam. I laid on the old bed, looking up at the old ceiling that was painted with stars. If I go back to Japan, would anyone accept me as their student?

I always hated this house. I would stay at Marduk's but it was impossible now.

It has been weeks since they last met at the medical office when I refused Marduk's service. No calls has been made since.

"Will father answer this time around~?" Starting the computer on the desk, I sat down in front of it. The wallpaper was a regular ol' photograph that was consists of my mother and my dad, who were sitting in the seats at a recital for her ballerina performance. I was sitting in my father's lap, smiling innocently as a child.

"Incoming......"

"You won your Junior Figure Skating Tournament two weeks ago and it took you this long to contact me?!" My father was a pure Japanese born unlike my mother, with his black hair. His hair was a mess, as if he spent another week stressing over what to write for his next article. His red eyes, the only thing I inherited from him, was glistening with stars.

My heart sank.

Would my father try and stop me from figure skating?

Should I really tell him about my condition?

I bit my lips in frustration.

The prescriptions were sent after I was released from the hospital. It was tasteless like how white the pills were. I hid it away from my uncle's view, knowing he would be against it. Unfortunately, while stored in the back of the medicine cabinet, he threw a fit as he called the hospital and demanded what was going on.