Chapter 9

*Smack*

*Pound*

*Slash*

Sounds of a force hitting a log could be heard in the Nara forest.

Kanoko was currently taking hits at a practice log with a kunai in one hand. She panted, taking a small break, before going back at it. She did this every morning, afternoon and night. She had so much to fix and improve in concern to this body. Her chakra reserve being one (glaringly large) problem.

The only way to improve her chakra reserves would be to physically train her body and mind. Kanoko knew her spiritual energy wasn't a problem, but even with years of training to her body and mind, she would still struggle to get to where she was before dying.

On the bright side, she was slowly increasing her small chakra reserves. She could now flow chakra to her arm and out onto objects – which is critical to fuinjutsu at the very least.

After she finished her training, she would run to Naruto's house and grab her fuinjutsu supplies. Then she would be able to start testing a theory she had been bouncing around in her head: Stealing chakra from her opponents.

Such a seal was going to prove challenging however.

Not only does she have to figure out a way to actually remove the chakra from the enemy, but then she had to find a way to adequately store it. Kanoko, as Tobirama, had created many storage seals, so that wasn't much of an issue, but where she stored it was the problem.

Say she decides to steal the chakra, and then seal it in a scroll. What happens if the scroll is knocked out of her hand or it catches on fire? There were too many scenarios. A ninja battle is decided in seconds.

She couldn't afford to waste those seconds.

The only option she could think of right now was a seal on her body. It would be easily accessible and her opponent wouldn't be able to remove it from her without taking one her body parts – which wasn't likely to happen.

But then that again, begs the question, how is she supposed to suck away their chakra?

And say she figures that part out; she still hasn't come up with a way to introduce their chakra into her network, to use as her own.

Kanoko knew it would take time, but if she wanted to be even remotely as powerful as she once was, she needed to figure out alternate forms of obtaining chakra.

Kanoko stopped hitting the log in front of her and stood there panting. She wiped her forehead before heading back to her house. She reasoned she should get some water and a wash cloth for her face before she continues her training. It was going to be a long night, after all.

The academy was loud with chatter from students.

Much to Kanoko's irritation, she hadn't arrived early enough. So, for today, she was sitting next to her brother today, waiting for class to begin.

"Next time, I'm leaving him home." Kanoko thought glaring at her brother, who sat in-between her and his friend, Choji.

Iruka-sensei then came into the classroom and called the class to order.

"Ok! Let's start with roll call. Let's see here... Where's Naruto?" Iruka-sensei asked looking around the room.

Kanoko closed her eyes to focus on the chakras around her. She was just relearning her old skill and her range was still very limited, but she could at least feel those around her – and she couldn't feel Naruto.

Next to her, Shikamaru narrowed his eyes in thought.

"He knows something." Kanoko thought.