Chapter 10

Kanoko slowly ate her food that morning, thinking about the last four years. Things hadn't changed that much from when she first started the academy. She never bothered to make any friends and many of the children she didn't even interact with.

She looked over at Shikamaru. His attire had changed a bit. He now wore tan three-quarter pants, a fishnet shirt with a Nara Clan half jacket over top. Outside of his clothes, he hadn't changed at all. It nearly drove Kanoko insane that he never once bothered to complete any of the school work assigned to him. He defended himself, stating that the act of putting pen to paper was a drag.

It was also a drag to have a twin brother, who, from an outside perspective, was as dumb as Naruto.

The only black mark on her hard worked and perfect record.

Thinking of Naruto, he hadn't changed at all either.

He still pulled pranks, many of which, were aimed at her.

That was another thing. Kanoko had hoped when Naruto got into his first fight with the Uchiha, his rivalry with her would end. After all, two rivalries? No sane person would place that burden on themselves.

She, however, overlooked the fact that Naruto is not sane. And contraire to what other people tell you, Naruto can hold a grudge.

It didn't help that Kanoko and Sasuke were continently preforming above class standards. Honestly, Kanoko is just lucky that Sasuke hasn't pursued her as a rival.

Well, he tried, but Kanoko acted as if the Uchiha didn't exist. If she thought Naruto could hold onto a silly grudge, she knew an Uchiha would be ten times worse.

There was also the fact that Sasuke looked just like an Uchiha she once skewered with a sword. A lot of good that turned into be...

Kanoko took one last look at her before heading out of the bathroom.

She was a genin now and as such, was granted a headband.

In her past, she wore a face guard. To her, it was much more practical, but very few genin wore a face guard. She opted to keep the headband and wore it over her forehead.

She turned her head to the side, taking a look at her hair. Her dark brown hair had grown even longer and now reached the middle of her back. However, she still wore it in a bun. Kanoko also now had bangs that reached to her chin and framed both sides of her face.

Her eyes have gotten sharper and were starting to lighten to an orange color. When she was Tobirama, she was born with dark brown eyes that, over time, turned into a flat crimson color. It seemed this trait carried over.

Kanoko then took a look at her outfit. She had convinced her mother to allow her less frilly clothes to wear.

She had on a pair of dark brown cargo shorts that ended just before her knee. On both thighs were kunai pouches that stored a variety of sealing scrolls, kunai, and explosive tags.

On top, she wore a tight black turtle-neck shirt. Over the shirt was dark brown, short sleeve jacket that had the Nara Clan crest in green on the back. Also over her shirt was armor plating. It was dark gray and had three pieces, the bottom piece hanging a bit below her shirt line. Around her neck was a simple necklace with the Nara Clan crest at the end.

She wasn't wearing any gloves, but she had dark gray plates on her forearms, sticking a little bit passed her elbows.

She wore the standard navy blue sandals. Even if it bothered her slightly that it didn't match...

Last, strapped to her back was a sword. In her past life, she had won many battles and developed a lot of her strategies around her sword.

At first she tried sparing without a sword, but soon found she kept grasping air, looking for her sword to use.