Three

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad"
-------------

The man with a giant hat who I learnt was named Jervis had taken me into the main room that was mostly filled by a massive table. Around the table there was an assortment of chairs that were different colours and sizes. At the head of the table there stood an enormous armchair. At each place there was a teacup. I had a strong feeling that I had seen this place before.

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The sound of a grandfather clock had managed to carry itself all the way into my thoughts. Tick, tock, tick, tock. More clocks were carrying their steady sound. It was like a heartbeat but a lot less comforting. The sound quickly became overwhelming and it began to sound like all the clocks in the city were chasing me and burying me somewhere underneath them.

I fell to the ground holding my hands over my ears, attempting to block out the sound. It turned out that doing that only amplified the sound. My head was throbbing in time with the clocks ticking and I could feel my heart as it rattled around in my chest. I faintly heard people speaking, but the sound of the constant ticking was enough to drown out the voices to such an extent that I heard only the occasional over emphasised consonant.

The last thing I heard was someone softly saying one thing. "Alice."

That was when everything went black.

-----------
Hi!
I am just going to say that there will be quotes from the book Alice in Wonderland during the chapters where Tabitha or 'Alice' is beginning to go mad.
Stay awesome.😃
-Micky