4

"I'm locking up everyone who ever laid a finger on me"

"Ultron's all over the globe." Maria told the Avengers who remained behind. "Robotics labs, jet propulsion labs, weapons facilities. Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place are pouring in."

"Fatalities?" Steve asked, pacing lightly. He was worried about the little enhanced girl, lost and confused in a new environment.

"Only when engaged," She stopped her sentence when the doors to the lab slid open, revealing Tony, Natasha, Clint and the little girl.

"What did we miss?" Tony asked. They all sat down on chairs around the lab, leaving Ella standing alone. "You can sit, Eleven." She nodded, before sitting on the floor.

"I think he means a chair." Rhodey said, gesturing to a chair next to him. Ella shook her head, staying on the floor. She looked over everybody in the room, checking that they all had weapons. Papa had told her that she was only allowed to me in a room with other people if they had a weapon, so it had become second nature to her always make sure people had weapons around her. Ella noticed that a blonde man, who was watching her, and a brunette man didn't have any weapons. So, she got up off the floor, walking over to where two guns were lying on a bench. Ignoring what the brunette lady was saying, Ella gave the men the guns. Once she was satisfied that everyone had a weapon, she sat back down on the floor.
"Why did you give us guns?" Bruce asked, putting the weapon in his heads back on the bench.

"No." Ella said, all eyes falling on her. She walked over to Bruce again, putting the gun back in his hands. "Keep." Bruce just nodded, and the girl just walked back to where she was sitting. The gun felt unusual in his hands, he never really used weapons. Steve wondered why this little enhanced girl was giving them guns.

"Reports have said that the Maximoff twins are working with Ultron." Maria continued, regaining the group's attention. Ella just continued to play with a loose thread on her jacket.

"Makes sense, they have someone in common." Steve said, assessing Ultron's strategy.

"Not anymore." Maria shook her head, flicking an image up to the big screen. It was a picture of Baron von Strucker, lying dead propped up against the wall. Next to him, 'PEACE' was written in blood above him.

"Papa." Ella reached out to the picture, tears blurring her eyes. I should never have left, the thought circulated her mind. Because of her, Papa was dead.

"That's your dad?" Clint asked, squatting next to the girl.

"Papa." She repeated, this time in a whisper. Ella wouldn't let herself cry, Papa wouldn't want her to be weak. She used her powers to shut of the screen, not wanting to look at the morbid image anymore.

"Hill, did you turn that off?" Tony asked, confused as to why his equipment was acting up.

"No, that wasn't me."

"Eleven?" Clint asked, his hand gently brushing her back. She looked up at him and nodded, a trail of blood dripping from her nose. "What else can you do?" Ella turned to an empty can sitting on the bench. Suddenly, it started to scrunch up into a little ball. While everyone was watching Eleven's power display, Natasha was working on a computer.

"Everything we have on Strucker is gone." She told the group, showing them an empty screen.

"Not everything." Tony said, walking out of the lab with a reluctant Bruce in tow. They returned with boxes filled with hardcopy files. "Well, let's get looking." They began looking through the files, leaving Ella to herself.