Dream Demon Dreaming

"Bill?" She asked. I had allowed her to move around a bit, she was after all my queen.

"Yes my queen?"

"You promised me you wouldn't leave me in the nightmare realm, but here you are bringing it to the only place that is safe." She sighed. "You told me they left you there, but here you are leaving me here."

"But you're with me~"

"Bill I don't want this!" She stomped. "This-This need to end!"

"Bill!" PineTree yells running in. "Leave her alone!"

"Now now, once I get rid of you..." I teleport in front of him. "I can reset the world, and I can start again."

"No you won't." Ford said behind me, shooting a gun.

"NO!" (Y/N) shouts. I awaited the pain, but it never came.

I turned to see (Y/N) fall to the ground, holding where her heart would be. I rushed over to her. It was then that it occurred to me what I was doing, I was willing to risk everything just to reset this timeline. Even her.

"No no no! You can't be dead please!" I cried. "You were supposed to be there when I reset everything! Please!"

"Bill!" She yelled as I shot up. "Bill, look at me. I'm fine."

"What? But I thought-"

"Bill you may be a dream demon but you can still have nightmares." She smiled. "I'm not hurt you see?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Bill trust me, it's better to talk of your dreams before they eat you alive." She persisted.

Dreams are probably the most interesting parts of a human. When the self conscious takes ideas, memories, or anything else and places them together. They can be happy, sad, *cough cough*, or scary.

I never expected to have a nightmare, considering I am a dream demon myself, but still. How could I have possible had a dream? Am I becoming human?

"Bill are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah sorry, just thinking." I rubbed the back of my neck. "What time is it?"

"2am."

"Jesus."

"Yeah."

"Well I'm sorry to wake you..." I sighed.

"I've actually been up all night trying to move my arms and legs. It just so happened that I was able too about a few minutes ago." She laughed.

"Jeez, dreams are probably the most confusing thing ever." I sighed.

"Yeah, they are." She sat up and yawned.

"Go ahead and sleep, I've got next shift."

"It's not like we're on guard or something..."

"Just sleep!" I laughed.

This was one hell of a night.