Whether You're A Brother Or Whether You're A Mother

Thalia

I paced the room, my thoughts on the hunters. All this started with me being mad at Artemis, and it led to all this. Meeting Chaos, getting cursed, thrown out of the hunters. 

Tears were threatening to roll down my face. But I couldn't. Not in front of Nico.

"You can cry you know." Nico said, making me jump. "We're stuck together. I know nightmares will make me cry at one point."

My eyes widened. He just admitted he cries because of nightmares. 

"Who says I ned to cry?" 

"Your eyes."

I scowled at him. He was right. How did a little boy come to be so observant?

"Seriously. Whole life. You were just kicked out of the hunters because of an all powerful being decided to stick you with and idiotic male. Seems reason enough to cry, in my opinion." Nico said, making me scowl harder and the tears start.

"Why do you have to know that. Why can't you be the idiotic like all boys are supposed to be. You boys can be so STUPID! Not only you, but so many people! Gods, all-powerful beings, girls, boys, EVERYONE!"

The tears were coming harder and I hated myself for it. But it felt good. I never though I would feel like this, but ranting to Nico helped. 

"Artemis kicked me out for something I have no control over. Does she really think that I would just talk to Chaos and go 'Whoop-de-doo! ' let's have me attached at the hip with a boy for the rest of my life? Even Annabeth couldn't understand! She chose to live with Percy by choice! Because she loves him! Not because she was forced!"

I was breathing heavy. I looked over to Nico and he was looking at me with his scared black eyes.

I took a breath. "Thank you."

Nico raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"For letting me rant." I took a breath. "But don't you ever do that again. Don't you ever let me catch you seeing me cry again."

Nico nodded and I stalked over to the bed farthest from Nico. As much as I was thankful he didn't judge me, I was still not happy with the whole stuck together thingy. I turned to the only position where I could see Nico without him looking at me. 

Maybe, one day, we might be able to become friends at least.

Little did I know then, we would become much more than that.

A/N-- Sorry I have not updated in so long. I have so many books I needed tocatch up on and I got sick, and then Got started watching Merlin. LOVE IT! I'll try to update more, butt till then,

Lilly J Out!