Chapter 6: Abandoned

An angel or a demon? I couldn't really tell. All I knew was that he was opening the door. I looked at him and felt ashamed for how I looked. I was so tired, but it was so hard to sleep since the ground was damp, cold, and hard. I think it was a man, but it was kind of hard to see since my eyes hadn't adjusted to the light quite yet. He through something at me and said, "Eat up, witch." Witch? Who does he think he is? I wanted to say something, but I couldn't speak.

On the plate was some sort of sandwich, a banana, and a glass or water. I only could get myself to drink the water and eat the sandwich. The banana didn't look very appetizing, so I didn't eat it. Then I pushed the plate back the the man, and he locked the door again and left.

This went on for maybe a month or so, I couldn't really keep track. I tried escaping multiple times, but nothing would work. I was so tired, and I never knew if it was day or night. Everything was terrible, but I could do nothing about it. I was trapped for how long, and I never knew when I'd get out. The man always called me a witch, and I think I started to believe him. What happened to me? Why did my father do this to me? All I did was ask myself questions and try to answer them, but the only answers I believed were like, because I'm a witch. I wasn't myself, but I'm pretty sure that's what they wanted.

Some time later, my father finally gave me a visit, but it wasn't to set me free. He threw some chains at me and told me to put them on. After I put them on, he made me stand up. It was very difficult, but I managed to get onto my feet. Then he grabbed to chain and pulled me outside. I thought maybe he was letting me go, but next thing I knew, I was sitting in front of thousands of people. There was a man behind me with some sort of rope, but I had no idea what for. Then my father spoke.

"Everyone, this is my daughter. At least she was, but a month ago, she was a witch. A witch on the mortal side can not be tolerated. So what should we do to her?"

Everyone answered, "Kill her," or, "Ban her to the other side." I knew he heard them load and clear.

"She will not be queen no more, and she will not be my daughter. She is no longer a princess nor a mortal. We won't kill her though, but slash her back ten times and ban her to the other side. I will give her this cure," he held up a small bottle that I had been looking for, "so that she can pass safety over the line. Though if she crosses again, she will die. MAY THE PAIN BEGIN!!!" Everyone cheered for him and for seeing me get hurt. Even the ones who were my friends.

I was so mad at the people that I forgot that the were going to hurt me. Next thing I knew, there was a sharp pain in my back and blood running down my spine. I screamed through the pain, and I hear the people scream, "ONE!" Then I felt another slash across my skin. That wasn't no ordinary rope he had, it was for whipping people. The whip had small blades on it that ripped into your skin. I never saw it being used, but I saw it inside the castle before.

It slashed me a third, fourth, fifth, and sixth time before I wanted to die. The pain was excruciating. I've never felt pain like that in my life, and I never wanted to again. When they finally finished, I was a bloody mess lying on the ground. Everyone cheered and cheered, but I just cried and cried.

My father came over to me and pulled me off the ground making me stand up, and I could feel the blood poor out. The he spoke again, "Now we must ban her for what she is." He started walking, but I just couldn't move. It hurt so much, but he made me move. If I didn't walk, he would drag me.

When we got to the barrier, I noticed something in his pocket. He had the wand. I drank the cure, but before he could let me go over the line, I grabbed the wand from him. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground, and my father was yelling, "NOOOO! SHE HAS THE DARK WAND!" Well it's not my fault that you had it in arms reach of me. Too late now father. He knew he wouldn't be able to get it back, so he kept on with the cheering of me being gone.

Everyone left, and I was alone. No one in sight, and I knew that Nathan wouldn't be coming for me. It's not like he still cared about me. It's been a month, and I never said goodbye. I knew that I'd surely die, so I curled into a ball again and cried until there was nothing left. Then, everything was dark.