Chapter 7: My Prince

Was I dead? Where was I? Was I alone? Would anyone find me? These questions were haunting me while I was laying on the cold ground. No one was around, and everything was dark. My back hurt a lot, and I was scared. I've never been so scared in my whole life. I was hungry and cold, but I didn't know how to change that. I knew I'd probably die here, but I had to hope that there was a chance someone would find me. But who? Before Nathan, no one dares to come near the barrier, and it's not like Nathan would come back after all this time. I was alone, and nothing could change that.

I don't know how long I was laying there, but at one point I thought I heard a voice. Maybe I really was dying, but it sound like Nathan's. I tried to look around, but it was very difficult to open my eyes. I tried screaming for him, but I couldn't make a sound. I knew I wouldn't be able to move, so I just prayed that he'd find me if he was truly there.

Then, I felt someone roll me over into my back. I forced my eyes to open, and then I saw his beautiful smile. "Oh Jasmine. What happened to you? Why are you over here?" I tied to answer again, but I just couldn't make any noise. "Hey, it's okay. You can tell me later, but first we need to get you some help." He then picked me up and started walking farther away from the barrier. I knew I was safe in his arms, so I decided to close my eyes and sleep.

Later, when I woke up, I couldn't tell where I was. Everything looked different. I was laying on a bed inside a small room. There wasn't much on the walls, but there was a table full of books. I was so mesmerized by this one room that I didn't realize Nathan was sitting next to me. He startled me. I tried to tell him that he scared me, but all I could make out was, "you...scared...me..." I don't know exactly if it sounded like that, but I think it did. It was really hard to talk from all the screaming and crying. Plus, I barely spoke the last month while I was trapped. Nathan didn't mind. He just smiled at me and kissed my forehead which was sweet. I smiled back, and I may have blushed a little. I knew that I was safe here especially since I could actually touch him without having the whole dying thing. Everything seemed perfect, at least I thought. I mean, I did miss my family and the town, but here I could fit in. I wasn't so different here. Wasn't that a good thing? No one here would call me a witch because I'm not the only one with magic. I didn't have to hide my gift because everyone else had the same gift. I wasn't special which is a good thing, right? I was normal like everyone else.

I couldn't stand my sadness, so I turned around to hide my face. Moving did hurt, but it did the job. Nathan just looked at me and said, "No, come back. I want to see your pretty face." I smiled and rolled back over to find his face only a couple inches away. I looked into his eyes and saw my friend who hadn't left. I still wish we ended things on better terms with the whole I'm a princess thing, but he didn't seem to care much. He just looked back at me and slowly leaned in closer. Then I felt his lips on mine. Was he kissing me? Was this a dream? I've never actually kissed someone before, so this was new for me. It felt nice, like a feather brushed up against my lips. When he pulled away, I was stunned. I never thought I. A million years that I'd have the chance to kiss him.

Then I smiled again and knew that I was blushing. He smiled back at me and kisses me a second time. This time it was a little harder which made me feel like I was melting. I forgotten how to breathe for a second. This time when he pulled away he spoke while brushing my cheek with his fingers. "I've always wanted to do that since the fist time I saw you." I wanted to speak, but I had no words. Plus the whole I can't speak thing, so I just smiled even more. I was so happy that I almost forgot to ask him how he found me.

"...won...dering...h'you...found...me." I think he understood me, but it was hard to tell. His just looked up and thought of a second.

Then he began to answer me. "Well, after our last visit, I just couldn't stop worrying about you. I thought that one day you'd come back, and that I wasn't going to stop coming in case you did show up. Then, yesterday I saw you lying there, so I brought you here..."  he looked around the room and kept speaking. "...to my house. "

I took another look around and thought to myself how beautiful it was. Nothing seemed scary at all. Then I looked back down thinking how wrong I was about this place. Everyone was wrong and I wanted them to see how amazing this place looked. If only I could go outside. Maybe it was scary outside. I tried getting up to walk, but two things stopped me. My back hurt really bad and Nathan pushed me back down.

"No, you need rest. No getting up, do you hear me?" I just nodded carefully. "Ok good, you hungry? I bet it's been a little while since you've eaten. " I nodded again, and he kissed me on the forehead again before he walked out of the room.

A few minutes later, he came back with a plate of food. He helped me sit up carefully knowing that it hurt a lot to move. Then I tried to grab the fork, but my arms were very weak. My whole. Oft was weak and skinny from being in that cell with no exercise and barely enough food. He ended up having to help my, but he didn't seem to mind. He was being very generous and sweet.

After I ate some food and drank some water, he told me to go back to sleep. He helped me lay back down and then he rubbed my arm a little and started humming a lullaby. He's never done that before, but it was nice. Next thing I  knew, I was sound asleep next to my prince, Nathan Dames.