3

"I'm... I'm Kevin... Dipper and I just met and I figured that we could hang out...." He said, hoping the nickname change would be better. "And you are?" He asked, wanting to show that he was convincing.

"Oh I'm Mable! Dip's twin! Nice to meet you! Ooh were you the one in the guest room last night?" Dipper sighed knowing Mable always loved to meet someone  new. Dipper joined in on the act.

"Excuse Mable, she's really...uh... energetic."

"So I've gathered. Nice to meet you!" He didn't want to shake hands in fear that his powers could have actually show into his human body. He smiled to cover this fear before stretching again. "I can cook us some food if you'd like," He said, taking note of his own hunger. He was still pretty tired.

"You can...umm...cook?" Dipper asked.

"I'm starving! Feed me! Feed me!" She cheered.

"Of course I can cook!" Bill chuckled and looked to Mabel. "What do you want?" He asked, smiling and showing he was alright with Mabel being like this.

"Pancakes please!" She said. Mabel already liked this guy. They would be best friends. He smiled a lot, and he could cook! Dipper slightly rolled his eyes at Bill or "Kevin". He almost was pushing the smiles and happy demeanor a little too far.

Bill was actually really happy despite what he was letting off. Genuinely happy. He was humming and making the pancakes, looking to Dipper. "Get some sprinkles, it's about to get sparkly!!!" He said, smiling.

Dipper smirked and rolled his eyes. He pulled out Mabel's lifetime supply of sprinkles. Dipper didn't want to admit how happy he really was. Mabel was about to burst from how much happiness she was having, so instead she shot off a confetti thing. She smiled and hugged Bill. "Thanks Kevin! I feel so much better!!" She said. That caused Bill to sadden. Once she learned about him, her feelings would change. He frowned, but pretended to be okay, which wasn't working for Dipper. Bill smiled falsely and held her in a small hug. "No problem Mabel..."

Dipper didn't like the situation. It looked like Bill couldn't keep this up much longer. "Mabel, umm...B-Kevin and I have to go. There's leftover jello in the fridge." Smooth, Dipper thought sarcastically.

Mabel nodded and sighed. "Alright... Be safe you too! Make sure Bill doesn't come to scare you both. Is so, Dipper, protect him!" She giggled. Bill watched as she skipped away with the Jell-O as Bill bit his lip, his eyes closing as he hugged the other tightly, not noticing what he was doing. It hurt to feel this way. Hurt to actually feel.

Bill pulled away and they left the shack, bell ringing behind them. Dipper could see how conflicted Bill felt. He didn't ask for any of this. "So...what should we do?"

"I don't know... I shouldn't have come here... I only complicated your life.. I lied to Mabel... Made her believe something that wasn't true... We don't know a cure... I'm useless and hopeless.... I have no meaning anymore..." He murmured and bit his lip, his throat feeling slightly swelled up. "What am I feeling..?" He asked, his eyes blinking as he felt a tear fall from his eyes. He didn't understand human emotions enough.

Dipper and Bill were walking to the forest. "Look. I wouldn't have helped you if I believed in you. And I know you're not useless or hopeless. And you do have a meaning." Dipper's throat tightened. "I could tell this morning that you were happy. Its really easy to spot a faker when it comes down to being happy. A-and... I'm... sortahappytoseeyou." They walked in silence for a while, until there was a clearing in the forest. Dipper had a light pink tinge on his cheeks.

As Bill listened, he walked alongside the other, taking in the scent of autumn and incoming winter. He hated winter the most because he would get ill, human or not. He sighed and lifted a leaf and sighed lightly, looking at it before hearing what the other said. "Slow down a little bit. What was that?" He asked, having calmed down a little.

"I-uh...I am happy to...um...You know what? Forget it. It was nothing." Why did Dipper have to say that.

"Dipper, you can tell me what it is, you don't have to say it to my face. Just say it as if you're telling another person. The anxiety will be gone as soon as you do that, or so i think...." Bill said, looking in thought as he finally got it. "You were happy to sees me..?" He asked as he smiled a little bit unlike how he was feeling. "Thanks Dipper..." He said, sighing a little bit. "I kind of missed you...." he said.

"Wait..R-really?" Dipper sighed and looked around the clearing. "What would Mabel think ?'' Dipper's relief turned to worry again. "Oh no."

"I'm actually not sure. I'm afraid if I tell her or she finds out... That she will say I betrayed her... Or that she thought I was her friend...." Just the thought of it mentally broke his heart, but saying it was just as bad. "I don't want to lose anyone.... Not as close as I am with you all..."

"Close? Well umm...let's just not worry about her, we could always tell her later." Dipper replied nervously. Why was this so complicated. If it was anyone else it would have been easier, but he just liked Bill.

Bill sighed and looked around. "So..." He said, looking at the leaf he had picked up before, then letting it go and watching it fall to the ground. He sighed, feeling as though he was just a mistake. That he didn't belong. He never did. He never would. He bit his lip as more thoughts came by.

Dipper looked over and saw Bill, not the one from a few years ago, but one that knew what it was like, to feel like you didn't belong. But Dipper knew that they both belong, right here in the forests of Oregon. Maybe no anywhere else, but at least here. "Bill, trust me, it's ok. Of all the people I should know. We may not fit in everywhere, but I know that...we just belong here, now. Ok?" He asked, looking up at him. He sat down on the forest floor and took everything in.

Bill listened and nodded as he sighed and wanted to hug him, but was afraid. Afraid that Dipper wouldn't hug him. He sat down across from Dipper and sighed lightly before playing with the leaves. "This is the strangest town in all of Oregon. Maybe in the United States, North America. No. The world...." He said as he sighed. Feeling tired as well.

"Yeah...perfect for a couple of weirdos like us." Dipper was just...content and happy. He wasn't even worried about everyone else at the moment. He just wanted this to last forever.

Bill moved and gently leaned against the other, sighing. "Being human.. I get both of my eyes...." He said and looked to the other, although one of his eyes was slightly darker than the other. He had a little bit of heterochromia.

"W-was it harder to see with just one or something?" Dipper didn't care what they talked about, just that he got to spend time with him.

"Not that it was harder... If I got hit in the one eye I had, I couldn't use another like i can now..." he said before yawning a little and moving a little bit, causing him to fall into the other's lap before blushing a little bit and looking away, then closing his eyes.

Dipper embraced Bill from behind. He really had never been so happy or carefree. He felt understood.

Bill smiled softly and yawned a little bit, curling into his embrace and sort of hugging back, but was on his side now, making sure that he wasn't injuring the other.

"We should probably head back. It's getting late.'' Dipper helped pull Bill up. Dipper was blushing, and he was glad it was getting dark.

"Alright..." Bill said as he felt his hand slowly touch his by accident, him blushing and glad it was night as well. His cheek lit up a little, causing him to look away. His hand quickly retracted to his side.

When they got back to the shack, it was pretty late. What could he say if one of them asked where he'd been. "What should I say if someone asks where we were? Or who I was with?"

"Easy, we were taking a walk around and one of us ended up getting lost...?" He asked. "Mainly me?" He said with a chuckle.

"Believable enough, let's go." He opened the door to see Mable, Gruncle Ford, and Gruncle Stan. Uh oh. They were playing some board game but looked up when they saw the two.