4

Kevin looked to them and chuckled softly. "Hi Mabel!" he said, smiling and looking to her. "How did you like the pancakes?"

"O.M.G. They were amazing!" She squealed. Stan looked at Mable and said, "What did I miss?" Mable grinned. "Well.... Dipper made a friend and his name is Kevin and he's super nice and he made me Pancakes!" She gushed. She kept rambling for a little longer. "Kevin" smiled and sat by Mabel as he told Dipper to sit besides him and they all played board games, hoping to get the focus off of themselves.

When they finished a round of one game, Dipper finally asked, "Would it be alright if B-Kevin stays in the guest room? H-his parents are out of town so...'' Mabel pleaded Stan and Ford was down with it, basically four against one, majority rules. Stan rolled his eyes and said a yes. Bill smiled and thanked him before Mabel shot off another confetti thing. Smiling, Bill didn't laugh this time like last, showing he was still thinking of sad things.

Dipper and Bill both got up and walked upstairs. Dipper found some clothes for Bill to wear tomorrow. Dipper went to his room and wrote in his journal about today. This was one of the few times he'd ever used as a plain journal. He wanted to remember today. It was just too important to not write something down.

Bill yawned and stretched, laying down on the air mattress that Stan had put down. "Why can't I sleep on the ground? I feel this is going to keep deflating until I get too uncomfortable...." He murmured before grabbing the blanket and curling up in his sleep and sighed. Dipper, being the insomniac he was, couldn't sleep. He ended up pacing outside of Bill's door. We was chewing on a pen and letting his thoughts consume him.

Bill was tossing and turning, whimpering lightly in his sleep before shooting upright. "Dipper?!" He asked, not seeing him in his bed as he started to worry. He got up and walked to the door, feeling thirsty.

"Y-yeah?" Dipper replied warily. Why would Bill still be up? He wondered. He opened the door to see Bill. He looked tired.

"I... I know what a nightmare is now..." He murmured while shaking as he was looking pale, it was probably with Dipper in it. "It's not real... But why does it feel so real..?" He asked, feeling like he wanted to curl into a corner, but he wouldn't. Not with Dipper there.

"Probably because...umm...maybe it was something important to you." He felt bad about Bill having a nightmare. He wondered what it was about. Bill looked truly scared. Bill ran a hand through his hair and said he was going to get a drink, his breathing was slightly off as well. He walled to the sink and put his hands over the counter and stared at the sink, trying to control his breathing.

Dipper sighed. He hated to see Bill so upset. "Do you want to umm talk about it at all?" Dipper asked, following Bill. Maybe he could actually help, but he doubted Bill would say anything.

"I'm... It's... Fine... I..." Bill couldn't speak properly. "Maybe if... If I write it....?" He said, grabbing a cup and taking a deep breath, filling it with water. Drinking the water, he sighed and looked to it. "Tastes weird..." he mumbled.

"You could borrow my journal. I don't let anyone read it." Dipper was just really curious about what could possibly scare Bill. I mean, he'd seen so many dreams, why would he be scared of one now?

Bill nodded and bit his lip softly, finishing his water and then putting the glass into the dishwasher and sighed. "Alright... Sounds good..." He said as he took a deep breath.

Dipper pulled out his journal and went to the other room to desperately find a pen that hadn't been chewed. He finally found one and went back quickly. Dipper played back on the bed an looked at the old popcorn ceiling as Bill scribbled all he wanted to down. At first, it was just talking about how they met and then it got to worse and worse things, watching him die several times, talking about how it shred his heart into atomic pieces. Watching his eyes either close and fade or remain open. Maybe you were crushed and or burned. Everyone of them was different. He gave the journal back, some of them were morbid, causing him to feel conscious on his writing. His handwriting was perfect other than every a was a triangle, but that was his writing.

"B-b-bill"was all Dipper could say as he fumbled through the pages. "I promise that I'll always be here. None of this will ever happen ok? It's..just...a...dream." Dipper gently rubbed Bill's back as an attempt to comfort him. Bill just had his face buried in his hands. Bill couldn't speak, having his hands covering his face as he felt the tears want to come, although he wanted to fight them. The tears were too strong, seeing him die once more, causing him to jump a little, allowing his tears to pass by, showing a slight blueness to himself.

Dipper hugged Bill tightly. He couldn't think of how to fix this. He couldn't fix any of this. "Bill, we all get nightmares. It's ok."

Bill nodded and hugged him softly. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." He murmured. "I couldn't save you each time...." He murmured.

"It's fine. That's kind of how dreams work sometimes." Dipper honestly  wanted to make him feel better, but just saying ok isn't going to fix it. But Dipper just didn't know how.

Bill sighed and hid his face into the crook of his neck. "I'm so sorry..." He said and held him gently.

"It's  not your fault." Dipper sighed. He then heard footsteps outside the door.

Bill had ended up calming down a little and then heard footsteps as he coughed lightly. "Who....?"

"DipDip? What are you doing still up?" A high pitched voice said. Dipper froze. He didnt know what to tell Mable. It could come across the wrong way someway or another. He also hated lying to his sister. But he was still afraid Mable would hate him or something if he sided with Bill.

"I had a nightmare and Dipper helped me..." He said and then looked to the other before taking a breath. "Sorry if I woke you..." He said as he wiped the small tears that had fallen down his cheeks.

"Awww Kevin, it's ok! Lighten up. I was just up getting a drink!" Mable said cheerfully. "Dipper, keep an eye out for him, ok?"

"Ok," Dipper said, grateful that Mabel left.

Bill sighed and laid back down, remaining awake and holding onto the blanket tightly. "I don't want to sleep... But it hurts not to..."

"It's ok. I'll be here next to you this time...ok?" Dipper layed back on the plain, queen sized bed. He couldn't believe he was doing this. He just wanted to be there for Bill. Nodding, Bill was shaking, dear coursing through his veins as he hugged the other, nuzzling a little into the other's hair because he was taller. He took in Dipper's scent, lightly calming down.

Dipper blushed, and pulled away a little. "Good night Bill.'' Dipper doubted he would be able to sleep, but maybe he could try. Just the presence of Bill calmed himself down enough to sleep. Bill was falling asleep as he sighed, closing his eyes and humming softly, trying to fall sleep. He kept tossing and turning, murmuring weakly in his sleep as he then felt Dipper, gently holding him and seeing the other dying again.