1. the beginning

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

                            C h a p t e r  - One

                     ↠ T h e b e g i n n i n g

        "Don't come running back here, when this dream of yours doesn't happen!" My mom yelled out, throwing all of my clothes on the floor.

"Yes Ma'am." I hung my head.

"You're taking too long. Brielle leave my house!" She yelled.

Today, I let my mom know the truth about me dropping out of college and deciding to jump straight into my career of fashion design and expecting a long lecture to finish school. It was totally opposite of what I expected to happen. My dad wasn't home to even hear about this, but I expected my mom to be the parent that understood how I felt.

"I really love you mom," I croaked, staring at her with sadness in my eyes. "But I'll show you that I don't need college to make my dreams come true!"

Clearly unfazed by my tears and sob story, she stared at me. "Good luck trying."

"Tell dad I'll be living with y'all oldest daughter, Katrina." I told her, grabbing all of the clothes that I could fit into the bag. "You have a good day."

"I don't understand disrespectful children like you!" She rubbed her temples in a circular motion, walking towards me. "I can't believe you've decided to drop out of college, this is so unlike you Kimberley! You were supposed to be the good child but you're just like that disobedient girl!"

The 'disobedient girl' she was referring to was her oldest daughter, my big sister Katrina Jones who she completely disowned after they found out about her job, as an stripper from the next door neighbor. I've never felt that my sister was a bad person for choosing stripping as a job than a regular nine to five, she wanted fast money and I don't think I could ever fault her for choosing that route.

Katrina was the oldest at twenty one, I was the middle child at nineteen turning twenty really soon, and then there was the baby of the family, our brother Jonathan, seventeen turning eighteen soon. We were all close with each other and then Katrina being kicked out caused a lot of distance in our relationships.

I had to sneak contact with my own sibling by the rules of our parents and now I know it was going to happen to Jonathan with his oldest sisters which had me crying hysterically because I knew how strict my parents could get.

I didn't understand how living your dreams was a bad thing. I never disrespected my parents in this way before. I've never snuck out of the house, stayed out late, had many friends, went to parties, never drank, smoked, and I've never been sexually active. I literally had plenty of jobs, stayed home always, and I was a very well-mannered child growing up.

I gathered my clothes as much I could, in torn bags, leaving my childhood home not telling my mom anything else and called my sister immediately to let her know that I was ready for her to pick me up. I had a long conversation with my sister yesterday on dropping out of college to go straight into my dreams.

Katrina told me that she had enough room for me to live with her, and I could call her anytime so I texted her the address, and held my clothes in the torn plastic bag and silently cried. I felt pain, sadness and hurt in my heart. I couldn't believe it, and the more I cried I felt a bad headache coming along..