17. birthday celebration

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
C H A P T E R - S E V E N T E E N

B i r t h d a y C e l e b r a t i o n 

A WEEK LATER
September 16, 2016

    The lights flickered off and on in my room, as I blinked my eyes a few times to get it adjusted to the brightness. I instantly got annoyed, and wanted to snap on everyone for ruining my good sleep – until my eyes widened at the sight of the people in my room.

There stood Katrina, Johnathon who held things in their hands, Zakia holding a gift bag in hers, Deion with a couple of presents in his hands and Kobe holding a camera.

"What's going on?" My eyes narrowed down at the cupcake in Katrina's hand, with the number candles, two and zero lit up. "Am I dreaming or something still?"

"She don't even remember her own birthday," Kobe joked, holding the camera closer to my face. "You too old for that now Kimmy, but you're a workaholic so I get it."

I pressed my hands to my cheeks, now realizing that I forgot about my own birthday but I've been working so hard on getting my designs together for the boutique, it must've slipped my mind.

"So it's September sixteen?" I giggled, as my sister presented the cupcake in front of me that I examined. "Wow! A chocolate fudge brownie cupcake, thank you so much!"

"Happy Birthday to you!" The people in the room started to sing together. "Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday, dear Kimberley, happy birthday to you.. may the good lord bless you, may the good lord bless you.. happy birthday to you!"

"Now make a wish, sis!" Johnathon babbled. "Make it count."

I closed my eyes, as I started to remember the wish that I've always wanted.

I wish to be successful not only in life, but with ALL my relationships.

"Yay!" Everyone cheered.

"I love y'all."

"Take the small gifts for now," Katrina handed me the things she had. "We have a big day planned out for your birthday."

They all proceeded into placing the birthday gifts on my bed before leaving out of my room all except for Deion.

"I got you a lot of things." He drew his bottom lip between his teeth. "For now I have these three gifts to you, expect more coming though.. I hope you love the gifts as it came straight from the heart, and you know that I have the most respect for you doll.. happy birthday again gorgeous now gimme' a kiss, been missing your lips."

"I need to do my hygiene routine before that babe," I frowned. "But I'm sure that I'm going to love all of the gifts you have for me.."

He lifted his shoulders in a half-shrug, pecking my lips anyway before pulling away and leaving my room.

I felt the same butterflies appearing yet again, as I hopped out of the bed heading straight into the bathroom to get myself ready for today's shenanigans. I was finally twenty years old, out of my teenage stages and now a grown-adult.

A hour and fifteen minutes later, I was dressed in black rainbow glittered textured, body-con dress with my black ankle strap sandals and my big silver hoop earrings in my ear while my hair was straightened to perfection, and makeup slayed by Katrina the guru – I felt confident in the dress she bought me and the shoes that Zakia got me.