5. the-start up

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
C h a p t e r – F i v e

T h e- S t a r t U p

     As the day of interviewing was now over, I was back at home telling Katrina how my day went, I was excited to be working again and I hoped that I got the job.

Katrina looked up at the ceiling, pointing at herself. "Why don't nobody ever listen to Katrina? She's right sometimes!"

Kobe mugged her, then proceeded into shaking his head at her. They always seemed to buttheads as it has become some sort of pattern that happened constantly within the two. Sadly, I was the person left to listen to them arguing about unnecessary things since Deion had to leave to be by his grandmother's side.

Deion told me that our second date will be soon, I told him I couldn't wait. The connection between us clicked so fast, but I still wanted to keep it at a slow space considering that I don't want to just jump into a relationship because to me those fast relationships ain't for me. I'll rather getting to know a person longer than a few months, than rushing into something.

Sadly, that's how most relationships are. Too Quick.

"That's just not it, I don't remember showing Zakia my designs!" I felt around me for the portfolio, not seeing it anywhere. "Wait, I can't find my portfolio with my designs on it."

"Where'd you last seen it?" Katrina helped me, moving the stuff around.

"I don't remember.." I replied.

"Maybe you left it somewhere," Kobe put his feet on top of the table then gave Katrina a smirk and his smirk faded. "What's your problem bruh? You've been looking at me with hate in your eyes for me."

Katrina's expression hardened. "You make me sick for real, Kobe! I don't why I put up with your sh—."

"You stay having this damn attitude," Kobe's jaw tightened, stroking his beard. "I know exactly what's your problem though!"

"Explain to me then!" Katrina cocked her head.

Kobe pulled her arm, as they fussed on the way upstairs making me frown in disgust as I decided to give up on searching for my portfolio, it might've been somewhere in the house.

My phone rang and I quickly rushed over to the charger, picking it up as I answered it with my soft spoken tone. "Hello!"

"Hello," A voice replied, "Is this Kimberley Jones?"

"Yes ma'am, this is she!" I replied.

"Hi Kimberley," The person spoke. "It's Zakia Perry, the person who interviewed you early today!"

"Oh hi. Zakia, how are you?" I smiled.

"I'm fine, I wanted to call and ask you what were your thoughts after leaving the interview?" Zakia questioned.

I held my breath, feeling those nerves that were there at the beginning of the interview but I had to exhale. "I think it went well, I explained myself clearly on what I could contribute to the role and how much experience that I have with clothes."