~Chapter 3~

Nandini's POV

It was almost 11 in night, when I and Alya lay down on the bed. Today she decided to sleep with me. And I was more than happy. Today I needed someone to be with me. And no other person than Alya could be better for it.

I looked at my side and saw her staring at the ceiling. How much I want to share each and everything to you Alya. Today you gain much respect. You are beloved Alya and I promise I will do everything to make you happy and smile.

She turned her head towards me and we both gazed at each other.

"neend nahi aa rahi Nandu..." she said. I smiled and said "so let's talk"

She looked at her hand down and then looked at me again.

"I wanted to ask you something..." she was a little hesitant to ask me. I placed my hand on her hand and blinked my eyes.

"actually I was thinking to ask you from past days, but aisa mauka hi nahi mila." She said. I nodded and gestured her to ask.

"uhmm... Nandu... What... What... do you think of... Manik...?" she asked me looking at me. For few seconds I just stared at her face.

Did she know about us?

"bolo na Nandu..." she again asked me.

I turned my body and looked up at ceiling "Manik..." I sighed and continued "he is perfect. I mean wo Papa ke best friend ka beta hai. He successful, he is caring, he is the best son, best Brother. A very good friend and of course future me a very good life partner. Manik... best hai... perfect hai..." I said in trance.

"hmm... he will be best hubby na?" my trance was broken by her sudden question. I started at her. did I have a doubt that he will be the best hubby? I know he will be. And I find myself lucky enough that he is mine.

I smiled and nodded at her. she smiled and then pulled the duvet up to her chest.

"thanks Nandu... for sharing..." she said and closed her eyes.

"good night Alya..." I said and closed my eyes remembering Manik.

--------

It was almost two months Alya asked me about Manik. We had our final exams over too. From past two months Manik was regularly in touch with Alya. He used to talk with her, he used to take both of us out for dinners and lunches. When I asked him why he was doing it. he said he just want to woo and impress Alya, so that in future there's no space left to say no to us. I used to laugh on him because I know Alya isn't a simple girl. she can't get impressed by just dinners and lunches. A person needs to be inside her heart then only she is impressed.

Manik was on the other side too busy in his work. Of course he was handling Foreign delegates, while Maan uncle was handling national clients. I so wanted to tell him about mine and Alya's talk about him. but every time I just forgot to tell him that. We had a very less time to talk because he was busy and I was busy in preparing for my last term. So our talk was pending.

I took out the book from my bag and gave it to the librarian. Our college was over, but I had some books with me. So I came to college to return it.

I was walking through the college corridor, when a sudden thought hit me. It is the time. Yes, it is the time tell our families that we are in love. But will they accept me? I know my family won't object because Manik is best. But what about Malhotra's? what if they will think that I am a.... oh stupid Nandini, why they will think such things? Mukti is your best friend. Janvi Aunty is love and Maan uncle is just like another father for me. They will... they will be happy knowing about me and Manik right? Yes... they will be.