Chariot Rides

President K stood on the balcony, waving to the Capitol citizens seated in the stadium below. Her dark hair was tied back in a bun,and she wore a black shawl. She wore a lot of makeup. Rumors were circling about how it was used to cover up bad physical modifications. She hated those rumors. They made her more disliked than she already was.

The chariot rides were about to begin, and she was ready to look at the brilliance of the Capitol stylists. Also, ready to look at how ridiculous they made the district industries look. A cheer went up through the crowd as the first chariot began pulling into the arena.

"District 1," a voice called out over the loudspeaker, "Maddux and Brady." Both were somewhat matching, in gold fabric adorned with jewels, but Maddux was wearing a stunning sleeveless gold gown, jeweled at the bottom, with a brown belt, and fabric draped from her wrists to her shoulders like wings. Brady was wearing the same scheme, with a darker colored tuned adorned with a jeweled belt, and a cape, jeweled a t the bottom, draped over one shoulder.

"District 2," the voice called, "Annie and Dylan." Annie wore a dress with a tight fitting, black bodice with small black sleeves. She wore black tights, high grey boots, and a skirt that was literally red, yellow and blue fireworks exploding off. Dylan wore a dark suit with firework buttons, and tall grey boots.

"District 3, Adeline and Aidan." Adeline and Aidan both wore modest clothes, with Adeline wearing a dress and cape, and Aidan wearing a vest and pants. The fabrics looked like wiring cables, in blue, red and green, and Aidan's pants and Adeline's leggings looked like green circuit board.

"District 4, Marin and Lucas." Marin and Lucas looked like seashells. Marin wore a layered strapless dress, where the chest looked like a clamshell and the waist was a belt of pearls. The skirt was made of layers of brown, ruffled fabric, topped off by a small slit in the side. She wore red, coral-like sandals. Lucas shared the sandals, except his were much taller. He wore shorts that looked like on oyster shell on each leg, and a brown, ruffled tank top.

"District 5, Jada and Noah." Jada wore a short cocktail dress with a frilly skirt made of electrical wires radiating blue electricity. The top was strapless with blue fabric, crossed by what looked like black electrical tape. She wore blue high heels as well. Noah wore a nice long-sleeve shirt and blue bowtie, with tan pants and flat grey shoes. His outfit was also crossed with electrical tape and what looked like blue lightning connecting the crossings.

"District 6, Teniyah and Albert." Both wore tight fitting pants that looked like roads. Teniyah wore a skirt made of many strips of traffic-light patterned fabric, that sloped from short to long. Her top was made of what looked light spattered together traffic signs, and only strapped low on one shoulder. Albert wore a similar outfit in tunic form, and wore red sandals instead of yellow.

"District 7, Phoenix and Kiki!" Kiki wore a tight-fitting skirt in a wood-grain pattern, cut with many horizontal rips in the legs, until the bottom, where it was shaped like a tree's roots. The top was red plaid, with a v-neck cut. Phoenix wore the same wood pattern on a pair of pants, and a red plaid shirt under a grey vest.

"District 8, Asionna and Elijah!" Both Asionna and Elijah wore high, collared capes of patched together fabrics, mostly rich reds and purples in silk, satin and velvet. The fabrics had all types of patterns, from paisley to floral to stripes. Asionna wore a grey t-shirt with high waisted darker grey shorts. Elijah wore long, dark grey shorts and a grey tank top. Both wore blue sandals.

"District 9, Devin and Molly!" Molly wore a hoop shirt made of grain-patterned fabric, longer in the back than the front. She wore a golden brown tank top, and over it a bunch of large, beaded necklaces in the old Egyptian style, as well as some anklets. Her face was painted in orange designs. Devin had the same anklets, tank top,and designs on his face, but he wore shorts made of a wheat-like fabric . Neither wore shoes.

"District 10, Sophie and DJ!" Both tributes wore cow horns and dark brown pants. Sophie wore a short, grey-brown, lettered leotard over her pants, and a cream colored skirt. DJ wore a grey-brown overcoat, with dark brown lapels, and a lettered patterned shirt under his coat.

"District 11, Avery and Jack!" District 11 was the only district that didn't match. Avery wore a dress resembling a wildflower, with a petal-like skirt, flowery top, and laced up high ballet shoes. Jack wore a red suit with a blue belt, and high red boots. President K wrinkled her nose at the differences between the two tributes.

"District 12, Zoe and Curtis!" Both Zoe and Curtis had on pants with jet-black jewels, splattered on the legs. Both had on what looked like black armored shorts and chest plates with the shoulders covered in a clear jem like a large diamond. Curtis' armor was more masco;in than Zoe's, but it was very similar. President K wrinkled her nose at the District 12 tributes showing any type of power.

The chariots circled around one more time, and went towards the exit. President K listened at the cheering of the crowd, and was pleased that the chariot rides had a good impact this year. She smiled a slightly evil smile. Time to get down to business.