Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up groggily to see both Peyton and Flo standing above me, looking at me.

"What?" I mumble shoving me face into the pillow sleepily.

"You, missy have something to share" Peyton says her arms crossed as I turn to face them confused.

"I do?" I use my elbows to prop myself up.

"What is that" She nods forward at me.

"What is what?" I look down at myself and then back at them confused. "I'll tell you what it is! It's a boy's hoodie." My eyes jerk open remembering what happened last night, looking down and the light grey hoodie that I still had on.

"Oh this... this is nothing, I just couldn't sleep and I went outside and Jed was there, I was cold and he lent me his hoodie." I say quickly, pulling it off and I speak. "And if you excuse me I need to get changed so I can give it back." I stand up and push between them.

"wait! Tell us what happened" Flo says grabbing my arm. I slowly turn to them.

"Nothing" I say with a smile on my face, both of them look at each other and then back at me.

"you didn't... you know?" Flo says looking at me.

"Didn't what?" I ask looking at them confused.

"You know... do the deed with Jed" I turn bright red.

"No! Of course not! I just met him! I told you guys, we just talked and then he lent me his hoodie and then I went back to bed." I climb into the room in which our bags are kept and the other two follow me.

"Good because if you lost your virginity before me I'd be very disappointed" Peyton says.

"Shush!" I say loudly in fear of the boys hearing. They laugh, and then a see a spark pass Peyton's eyes.

"NO! no way not happening" I cry knowing exactly what she has in mind.

"Oh come on Maeve! Its our last summer before university! Its our last chance! You don't want to go to Uni a virgin do you?" she says as Flo laughs at us.

"I am not making a pact with you!" I say as I change into a pair of shorts and t shirt. "I told you! Jed isn't interested, and I'm not sleeping with some guy I've barely even talked to. For all I know he could be gay"

"Great story to tell the kids" She says taking the hoodie that I still had in my hands off me.

"Give it back Pey" I say lunging for it.

"Not until you agree" I try to grab it but she jumps away.

"If I agree will you give it back?" I ask as I try again to take it off her.

"Yes! Flo you in?" She asks as she still avoids my hasty grabs.

"Sure" She laughs jumping out of the way of Peyton as she jumps around.

"Maeve?" She says stopping and looking at me.

"Fine!" I say grabbing the hoodie out of her hand and walking out of the tent quickly.

Around the remnants of last nights' fire sat, Dave, Scott, and Jed. I smiled at them as I grabbed a bucket heading off to fill it up. About halfway there running footsteps come up behind me and Jed pulls in beside me.

"Morning" He says taking the empty bucket out of my hands before I can decline.

"Hey" I say quietly.

"Sleep well?" He says trotting along beside me.

"Great thanks" I say as we reach the tap, I turn it on as he places the bucket underneath. We stand in silence as the bucket fills up, and he starts whistling a familiar tune.