[Chapter 10] - Undercover In Tundra Town

"Nick, where are you?" asked Judy to herself, her arms clasping one another as her body shivered. She wore a white sweater, a gray jacket with white fur (obviously not from any of the mammals in Zootopia, but artificial), white pants and black boots filled with "fur". Even with this warm clothing above her pelt, she still could feel the cold wind of Tundra Town blow, causing her to shiver even more.

"Right here," said a voice approaching her. Nick appeared, two cups of coffee in hand. "A carrot spice latte with extra cream."

Judy took the coffee and sipped, smiling warmly at Nick.

Nick didn't seem to be as bothered by the cold as Judy. He wore a gray sweater with a matching gray scarf, a long black jacket, black joggers, and a gray beanie. With every breath he emitted, a cloud of white air exited his mouth. He sipped his coffee (a chocolate mocha with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle) and leaned against the cake shop. "Austin and Kathy should be here any minute."

Then, almost as if on cue, the two wolves appeared walking down the street, then approaching Nick and Judy.

"Finally!" said Judy, still shaking. Nick noticed, and took this as an opportunity to wrap his arm around her. Austin and Kathy took hint of the gesture, and both seemed to suppress a smile, suddenly becoming aware of the relationship between the fox and the rabbit.

"So where's that hotel Bogo reserved for us?" asked Austin. "It's freezing!"

Nick drew his phone from his pocket, reading the text Bogo had sent with the location of the hotel. "Should just be around the corner," he said, gesturing the general direction with his free paw.

The group gathered what luggage they had brought with them and began down the desolate street. It was still early in the morning, so the sun had yet to rise. A darkness covered the district, the only light coming from dim street lights (many of which seemed to be flickering). The ground was covered in a thick layer of snow, and the clouds in the sky warned of snow in the near future.

No one seemed to be out of their homes yet. It may have been the time, or the fact that the group was in a very quiet part of town. It was located just on the edge of the district, near the district separation wall. The buildings here weren't as nice and shiny as those near the center of Tundra Town. There were mainly shops and town homes that, despite their abandoned feeling, were actually occupied.

They all walked in silence, listening to the howling of the wind and the crunching of snow beneath their feet. An eerie feeling lingered over them, so when they approached the hotel, they wasted no time entering into the warm lobby.

The lobby was small, composed of wooden floors, carpets, white furniture, and tall windows that allowed light to flood the room. It took several rings of the bell on the counter to bring forth an employee, who happened to be an elderly, female polar bear.

"Excuse me, ms? We have a few reserved rooms, under the name Bogo," said Judy. The polar bear looked down at her old computer, the blue light shining on her black eyes.

"Yes... Two rooms- please follow me," she said, her voice shaky. They slowly followed her up a set of stairs, leading to the top (3rd) floor. The hallway reminded Judy of her apartment's. It was straight, with rooms on only the right side.  "Room 11 and room 12," she said, handing both Austin and Nick a key. "Room expiration... is in seven days- enjoy."

The polar bear left the hallway, leaving the four alone. 

"Well, I guess we'll go unpack," said Nick. "Meet back in the lobby in like, fifteen minutes?" 

They nodded their heads and divided into their rooms.  Kathy and Austin took room 12 while Nick and Judy took 11. The room was small, with one bed, a bathroom, and a very small counter and stove that was supposed to act as the kitchen. One entire wall was a window, giving Nick and Judy a perfect view of the desolate street and even the cake shop.