[Chapter 16] - Ours

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long, I've been a bit stumped. Quick disclaimer, things do get a bit "heated" in this chapter but there is no full-on smut. Honestly, I don't think I could ever write that and if I did, I'd be terrified that someone I knew in real life would read it. 😂

Nick and Judy had finally completed their apartment. They went out and bought furniture, decorated it, and made it theirs. There were still some boxes laying around, some were empty, and some were full of items that Judy had brought from her previous apartment.

It was Friday evening, and both of the two came home happily to their new home. Before Judy could do anything, Nick took her paw and spun her toward him.

"How'd you like to go out?"

Judy smiled. "Where?"

"Oh, some place just beachy. Now go get dressed."

Judy smiled and ran up the stairs. She put on a two piece swimsuit and a white coverup that looked like a dress and was opaque enough to hide her swimsuit.

She walked down the stairs as Nick whistled. She blushed. "Dumb fox, go get ready."

Nick went up next and came back in more casual attire and sunglasses. "Let's roll," he said in a comical humorous voice. Judy giggled at his dorkiness as they made their way to the car.

Judy looked out the passenger seat window. The drive was quite a while, but she wasn't surprised when they passed into Sahara Square.

They ended up pulling up at the boardwalk. The sun was beginning to set, casting the sky ablaze into a jumble of orange, yellow, and purple coloring.

Nick and Judy walked side by side holding paws. Judy looked over at Nick. His warm emerald eyes gazed ahead and his face held his usual smirk. Finally, Nick looked over at her.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing," the rabbit replied. "It's just that I think I love you more each time I look at you."

"Wow, corny, Carrots."

"You know you love my cornyness, and you know you love me."

"Do I know that?" He said, looking back ahead of him and then at Judy. "Yes, yes I do."

***

The two of them sat on the patio of a boardwalk  restaurant. They sipped the drinks they ordered (a carrot shake for Judy and a Berry Blast Beer for Nick) and ate their food as they talked and laughed. They loved gazing into each others sparkling eyes as they talked. The other would notice and become embarrassed, but it caused a laugh between both of them.

After the two ate, they found themselves walking along the beach.

"And then I said- the donut thief may be right under our chin... And clawhauser stuck his paw underneath his chin- and the look he gave-"