Prologue

"How could this have happened. How could we not have known about her existence until now," Bluestar demanded. She realed and shoved her face into Clawface's. "How could you have kept this a secret for so long!"

Yellowfang, and Feathertail gathered close. The starclan cats were gathered in a Starclan clearing, greenleaf breezes gently ruffling their fur. But they were worried. Tension coursed through the air as Bluestar made it clear she was ready to shred someone up.

"I didn't know she survived the night. No one saw her after that day," Clawface snarled back.

"Bluestar, he is right," Yellowfang rasped. "Up until now, she has only ever walked in other cat's skies."

"And yet he never thought to mention her existence to any of us," Bluestar retorted, unsheathing her claws.

"Neither did-," Clawface started only to be stopped by Feathertail placing her tail tip gently on his shoulder..

"It doesn't matter." she reasoned in a calm, soothing voice. "What matters is that she does exist and that she's coming to the clans." She cast a glance at Yellowfang who nodded in agreement.

"The Tribe of Endless Hunting confirmed that much," the mangy she cat said. "Half Moon crossed into Starclan herself to deliver the news." Her voice took on a sad note. "And she WILL find out about the truth."

Bluestar let out a drawn out sigh. "Very well. Her mother must never find out, and one of Starclan will need to help her if she decides to stay."

Feathertail stood up. Her blue eyes glittering with starlight. "I can relate to the situation at hand. Let me be the one to visit her."

Clawface just scoffed. "Relate? You were raised in the clans. And you knew your lineage and parents. This cat knows nothing." Feathertail shot him a look. He just shrugged.

"Enough Clawface," Yellowfang hissed. "You haven't said anything of use to us for moons. You have no right to make remarks like that to the cat who is helping to clean up the mess you helped make." Clawface shot her a glare but kept his mouth shut in compliance.

"Very well," Bluestar nodded to the silver cat. "Measures will need to be taken when it comes to her father though. He was completely left in the dark like the rest of us."

Feathertail nodded. "I will do my best."

"Good, because it seems she is already here," Bluestar said as she rose to her paws.

"Bluestar, what about Jayfeather and the other members of the three. Surely we should warn them as well?" Yellowfang asked. "After all, this may affect them and the way the prophecy is fulfilled."

Bluestar shook her head. "It's too late. By the time you warn them, she will have already been discovered. The clans will deal with her themselves." She turned and made her way towards the trees. "We can only hope that Firestar will be able to handle the mess coming his way."