Chapter 5

This room is darker and doesn't have a window but other than that it's pretty much identical to the other one. I preferred the other room. Again my eyes take time to focus to the lighting. I see Ellen is sitting at the end of the bed and she sighs. "Ya don't like this room don't ya sunshine" I don't realise that I portrayed my feelings that much when I think.

"Well it's a little dark." I tell Ellen the truth because I feel comfortable to talk to her. Anyway I don't know anyone else.

"Yeah, it is but you'll quickly get used to it." Ellen tries to cheer me up, "So I'll leave you here and find something nice for your desert." I haven't eaten a scrap of food since I woke up...

"Wait, what happened to me, why am I here?" I ask Ellen.

"Sorry sunshine, I can't tell ya now, it's part of the procedure." Ellen explains to me, "Ya need to tell me everything you remember first and then I will tell ya everything I can possibly tell ya about you as possible. Make sure you have a think, a hard think sunshine. Try remember." Ellen leaves the room.

"Remember," I echo, "remember." I rub my temples hard and think, "Think. Think. Think!" I mutter. I feel a sudden throb in the back of my head and fall back in my bed.

"Sam! Samantha, hello it's Ellen! Hello!" I am woken up by the worried voice of Ellen and I instantly sit back upright. Almost immediately after that I feel a bursting pain in my head. It felt like someone was crushing my scull but it soon stopped. "Are you okay sunshine?" Ellen says in a worried voice.

"I'm okay," I reassure Ellen, "I'm fine". Ellen pulls a pink coloured lamington from behind her and puts it on my plate.

"I found a strawberry lamington for ya in the fridge," Ellen tells me, "ya lucky it was the last one.