Chapter 5

Daniel was walking along a trial through the wood. It was beautifully paved with wild flowers on both sides. Evergreen trees stood proudly behind the spring flowers. These flowers would be perfect for decorating his dad dinning table, except his dad will never allows flowers from the side of the road in his house. But the flowers are so beautiful! 

Daniel hears a bird singing to his left. He turns around to see what kind of bird it is. He tries to look harder but couldn't find it. Maybe it was too high in the trees.  He turns back toward the road and starts heading toward where he's supposed to go. Daniel stops in his tracks as he realizes something. He didn't know where he's supposed to be. He doesn't even remember how he gets here! It's so weird! Where was he before this? That's right, he was on the plane! Did he already landed? Is this the island? When did he gets here? Daniel was confused. He keeps asking himself while trying to recover his memory. 

"Are you lost?" A gentle voice asks him from behind.

Daniel turns around looking for the source of the voice. On the side of the road, stood a woman in a blue dress. The dress was knee length with a sleeveless popover top. A necklace hangs freely around her neck. Daniel thinks he saw that necklace before. He took a step closer. It was a dolphin circle pendant with three dolphins. There are three separate heads but the tails seem to merge together into one. From the tip of the biggest head to the shoulder of the second one, a line of tiny diamonds stick equally together. Daniel knows that it is real diamonds, and the pendant is real silver. He knows because he have one just like it. Daniel touches the necklace around his neck, like he always do when he misses his mother. The necklace belongs to his mom. He have it since the day she passed away, and that was more than 10 years ago. How did this woman have one too?

"Are you lost?" The woman asks again and Daniel notices that she wasn't looking at him. She seems to looks pass him.

"Yyes, can you hhelp me?" A voice stuttered from behind Daniel. Daniel turns around quickly and faced a mirrored image of himself. No, not him. Although they look almost identical, this man was a little taller and older than Daniel. His hair was dark blonde while Daniel's dark brown.  He was carrying a leather suitcase in one hand and a few binders on the other hand. The man smiled and Daniel realizes that the man looks exactly like his dad, but 20 years younger and happier. Is it possible that this man standing in front of him is his dad? If it is, that must means the woman is his, Daniel pauses for a few seconds before he let himself thinks the impossible. It is not possible, his mom already passed away!

Daniel turns around again to confirms that the woman is his mom. She wore her hair down, her brown eyes show warmth and comfort while her smile shows kindness. She have the kindest smiles! It is his mom! His mom walks towards him but her eyes were on the man that looks like his dad the whole time. It almost seem that Daniel was invisible.
"Mom," Daniel murmurs silently. He lifts his hand to touch her face as she walks closer and closer to him. Daniel thinks she was going to stop in front of him but she didn't. She walks pass him. No. She walks right through him!

Daniel wakes up to the sound of the pilot announcing that they will be landing in 30 minutes. He was back on the plane. It was just a dream! It was all a dream! But it was real, Daniel was certain of that. He knows! Daniel don't know how, but it is real. That was his mom and the man his dad used to be. Daniel looks around and saw that everyone was still sleeping peacefully. He settled back into his chair but he knows that he will never be able to sleep again tonight.