Part 1

Hello everyone! Oh, it's been too long hasn't it? I don't know how but inspiration struck me in chemistry class and I decided to do something about it. So without further wasting your time, here's the first chapter.
________________________________________

Emily

I typed in the words from Google as I sipped my coffee. I heard jiggling of keys as the door opened and Chelsea stepped in.

"Oh, it's bloody chilly out there." She says as she takes off her coat.

"No it's not. You are just not used to it yet." I say as I continue typing.

"Yeah yeah." She rubs her hands together as she stares at me.

"You aren't ready yet." She says.

"No sh*t Sherlock." I say as I finish my coffee.

"Emily! We are supposed to go out and party! Our semester's over." Chelsea says as she sits on the couch.

"You know I don't party anymore."

Of course I didn't party anymore. I lost the only guy I ever loved over my dream to become a lawyer. So I better give it my best shot.

All I had to do was complete this paper. It is a different, off books thing I've been working with Mr. Richards.

"You do! You did, remember? You drank so much I had to carry you all the way to your room."

I look at her, deadpanned.

"I was trying to get over my breakup." I said, seeing her face drop.

The thing about Chelsea, she feels guilty over anything and is pretty easy to manipulate. So what troubles me is, what is she doing in Harvard Law?

"Em, I know. But you need to live your life again. You ain't forty or fifty. You're twenty-two! You're supposed to be partying your heart out."

Emily didn't look at her.

"No, I am not. I'm not supposed to be doing anything. Not when I don't deserve to."

"Oh, Em Em Em. Honey, you broke up three months ago. I'm not saying get over your break up but at least live your life normally." Chelsea pointed out and Emily sighed, after seeing sense of things.

Whatever Chelsea was saying was correct, Emily knew it so no matter how much she hated it, she had to just woman up and do it.

"You are right. We should go out tonight. But not partying okay? We are dressing up, going to a bar with our friends and having a good time. How does that sound?" Emily tried smiling.

"It sounds great!" Chelsea clapped and she pulled out a phone, opened up WhatsApp and began posting it on their group.

It had taken just two weeks for the five of them to be a group.

Chelsea, Emily, Kristen, Brock and Max.

They all fit together like puzzle pieces, all mismatched.

And it had been so long since Emily had hung out with them since the breakup.

And it only hit her how much she had actually missed them when she saw them approach Chelsea and her at their booth.

"Oh, the Sleeping Beauty comes to life!" Brock said, spreading his arms around her and wrapping her in a tight, warm hug as everyone settled down.

The warmth that passed through every vein in Emily's body was difficult to express. She felt safe, protected. Like that huge hole in her chest had been filled, if only temporarily.