T H R E E

MARLEY COULD HEAR THE STRAPS of Wade's gurney being tied as they prepared to move him to a different room. The sound of her plastic curtains rustling caused her to turn her head. Ajax- sorry, Francis took the liberty to prepare Marlene himself. He walked up to her and looked down at her face.

"You should choose your friends more carefully, Marlene. They might get you in trouble. Although, I think it's a bit too late now. I've got a special treatment for you. I'm sure you won't like it, but I most definitely will." He taunted as he tightened the straps around her chest, arms and legs. The cold leather rubbed against her sore skin and irritated the torn flesh from having them too tight. 

"Ooo kinky. I like it!" She laughed as he stepped back. "You're not right in the head Francie. You're aware of that, right? You should go to a psychiatrist. Oh wait! I'm right here!"

"I'm not insane like you, Marlene Kinnzel." Francis replied as they went through some metal doors.

"It's Marley Kinn. And of course you are, Frances. Everyone's a little insane, like my friend Wade Wilson over there." Marley said, pointing her finger in Wade's direction as best as she could with her restricted hands.

He wheeled her gurney into the same room that Wade was now in. They had lifted him up and into some sort of glass container. Beside that chamber, stood a large pool of green liquid that fizzed and let out soft sizzling noises. Francis directed her lying figure towards it and stopped the bed next to it, before turning to Wade.

"If this doesn't unlock your mutation then well...nothing will. Now what we're going to do is lower the oxygen concentration in the air to the exact point you feel like you're suffocating." Angel began to attach wires all across Wade's exposed skin as Francis continued to explain the situation. "If your brainwaves slow meaning you're about to pass out, then we'll turn up the O2. If your heart rate slows meaning you're able to catch your breath, we'll turn it back down. And that's where we'll leave you. Right. There. Marlene will be placed in that acid over there. If she survives the full seven minutes because of her mutation, she gets to come out. If not, well let's just say there'll be nothing left to get out."

"Oh and I thought you were dicks before."

'We're gonna die!' The voice screamed in Marley's head. The blonde winced in pain at the loud voice.

"You know the funniest part of this. You still think we're making you a superhero. You. A dishonourable discharge, neck deep in hookers. You're nothing." The twat pointed to wade with a fork in his hand. He turned to Marlene and continued: "And you still think we're curing your Leukaemia. Our secret, Wade, Marlene, we don't cure cancer or make superheroes. We make superslaves. We're gonna fit you both with a control collar and auction you off to the highest bidder. And that's what they'll have you doing. Terrorising citizens,  putting down freedom fighters. Maybe just mow the occasional lawn." He smirked, eating the broccoli off the fork.

"Aggh, why don't you eat an apple. Make yourself seem even more of an asshole." Marley groaned, still recovering from the screaming in her head.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Wade asked Francis. Francis' smirk only grew and he walked up to wade saying: "You're never going home after this. Now there's a brave face." 

He pressed a button that began to lower the glass containers lid, but Wade stopped him, "Wait, wait, wait." The lid stopped moving, which showed that Francis was listening. "Seriously, you actually have something in your teeth now."

Francis once again fell for it and licked over his teeth with his tongue before shutting the glass container saying: "Enjoy your weekend."

"Weekend? Back up. Weekend?!"