F O U R

WADE WAS BREATHING HEAVILY, TRYING to suck in as much oxygen as he could so that he could get it to his muscles. He focused all hi attention on skillfully balancing the match stick on his lips so that he could try and escape. Lifting his head, he spat the small piece of wood into his hand and tried to light it with his thumbnail.

After a few failed attempts, it finally lit. The small flame heating up his dry, cracked skin. Wade threw it into the air vent that controlled the oxygen flow and waited. The air went up in flames, travelling up the pipes and into the oxygen tanks, blowing up the whole area he was kept in. The tank of acid Marlene was in cracked from being hit by the debris and all the pressure against it, caused the tank to burst. The aftermath of the explosion had left Marley under a bunch of metal in a puddle of the remaining acid. 

Wade had been blown away in blast, a result of him being the closet and slowly began to heal from the damage. By the time Francis had come down to check what had happened, holding a fire extinguisher, Wade had already found a hiding place to get the jump on him with his own. The heat from the flames irritated his naked flesh and caused a sweat to produce, to which his burnt skin screamed in protest.

Francis grew closer and Wade knew it was time to act. With one mighty swing, the extinguisher in his hands contacted with Ajax's face, bringing him to the ground. The man got up and striked back, only to miss as the mercenary dodged to blow. The fight proceeded, each man getting a good hit and some bad, until Wade finally got in a hit that sent Francis crashing to the ground. His hospital dress caught alight and he ripped it off, not caring that he was giving the British man a little -or maybe big, probably big- show. He threw the fire extinguisher at Francis -who caught it- and tackled him to the floor. Wade hit him twice, before getting stuck in a headlock.

"You don't want to kill me. I'm the only one who can fix your ugly mug." Francis taunted in his ear. He threw Wade to the ground in one swift movement and when he got up again, flipped Wade back down in a wrestling move.

Wade crawled across the floor, blood ripping down from his face as he failed to give up. Francis pick up a pole and slowly walked closer to him, dragging the pipe across the floor behind him. He let out a battle cry as he impaled the pipe into Wade's chest, straight through into the floor. Wade coughed up blood and spat onto the ground. The flames grew around them as Francis continued to hit the mercenary and Wade went limp. Taking the opportunity, the bald twat bent the top of the pipe so that Wade couldn't escape and crouched down to his level.

"What's my name?" He asked before getting up and walking away. Wade stayed silent, but looked up when he saw someone calling his name.

"Wade." A hoarse voice whispered. There he was, David Cunningham. Tied to a chair with no way of escape. The look on his face showed defeat as he shook his head and closed his eyes, allowing the flames to encase him. 

Wade glanced around the burning room for any sign of the familiar blonde that had become his friend. There was no evidence of her anywhere to be seen. He couldn't tell whether any of the bodies around him were hers or someone else's. That was until he spotted a hand with painted red nails poking out of a pile of metal, acid leaking out under the metal trap. Wade wasn't sure if she was alive or not and it caused him new found determination. As everything fell down around him, he made one promise to Marley in his head before he passed out.

I will get you out of here, Marley. And after we're fixed, we can run down town naked and do all the things on our bucket list.

 And after we're fixed, we can run down town naked and do all the things on our bucket list