Prolouge

A girl as stealthy as a fox moved her way through the forest, consumed by the hunt. The heat from the high noon sun splayed out across her skin, making beads of sweat form along the slender girls forehead and neck. She ran through the forest with a bow and arrow positioned on her back, eyes alert and breaths steady. The adrenaline pumps through her veins, like it always did when she pursued her days catch. She easily made her way through the trees and over the roots, having taken this path thousands of times. She knew these woods like the back of her hand.

She finally caught up with her prey as it came to a stop near the lake. The girl stalked quietly behind the now still deer. She reached for her bow silently, and notched an arrow to it. She took her stance, and felt a smirk grace her lips. She brought the bow up and took her aim as she positioned the strings. A second passed, and the girl prepared to release the arrow, eyes trained on the soon to be kill.

"Oh Amaryllis!!" She cursed as the sudden shout broke her concentration and made the deer flee. With reflexes as quick as a cat, she released the arrow straight at the deers heart. It struck the target, and the deer fell dead in its place. A satisfied grin took over her face, and she threw her bow back over her shoulder.

"Well done love." The voice came again, this time closer.

"No thanks to you." The girl threw sarcastically over her shoulder, not even bothering to look back. She made her way over to the deer and ripped the arrow out. She then waved her hand over the bow and watched it clean itself, before storing it back with the others. Next, she waved a hand over the deer, and it disappeared as it made its way back to camp, where she knows the lost boys will cook it. Only then does she turn around to find the attractive boy leaning against a tree with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his lips.

"You've been watching me since I left camp, haven't you?" She raises an eyebrow at him, and he chuckles as he pushes off of the tree. His eyes never leave hers as he makes his way to her. When he reaches her, he slips his arms around her waist and pulls her body to his.

"Hmm, why ever would I do that?" He asked, his own eyebrow raising up. She rolled her eyes at the boy, amusement shining in her eyes. He chuckled and lifted her chin so their faces were only a few inches apart.

     "You know me too well my flower. I like watching you when you go hunting. There's something in the way you hunt, almost predatory. It's quite the magnificent sight." He says, his warm breath fanning across her face.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say it turns you on Peter." The girl stared up at him, a challenging grin lighting up her face. He chuckled down at the girl in his arms, sending a vibration through the girls body.

"Mmm.. That it does love." He whispers, leaning down to capture her lips in a kiss. Her lips brush against his, but then they were gone. His eyes snap open as he hears the girl laugh as she runs away from him.

"Come and find me Peter dear!" She shouts, already disappearing in the forest. A mischievous grin lights up the boys face at the challenge. He loves when his flower wants to play.

"You want to play my dear Lis? Very well. Let's play." And with that the boy takes off after her into the forest, a playful smile displaying on his lips. He follows the sound of her cheerful laughter, and can't help but laugh himself. Her happiness in turn gives the boy joy. He'd spend his entire life making her happy. Use his last breath to make her smile.

Suddenly the laughter stops, and the forest goes quiet. His eyebrows perk up, so she wants to hide. He quiets down his run, and stealthily makes his way through the woods. He smiles when he sees the girl just ahead of him in her favorite spot in the forest, surrounded by the flowers of her same name. But the smile fades when he realizes that she is just standing there in place. He makes his way towards her, but is suddenly frozen in place.