Chapter Seven: Pan's Intentions

The group of adults stared at the boy in shock. Did he just call her Amaryllis? They watched as the boy hugged her again, laughing happily. What had happened to the cruel boy they had just been speaking to?
        "I'm sorry, but did you just call her Amaryllis?" Regina asked, speaking up for the group. The boy nodded, looking at the young girl in front of him as if seeing her for the first time in a long time. Which he was, fifty years was a very long time.
        "What's all the commotion?" Hook said, stepping out of the woods. Tink and him looked around at the group, holding lanterns in their hands. When Tink's eyes landed on the newest addition, she dropped the lantern. The group looked at the fairy in confusion. Tinkerbell stepped back, as if seeing a ghost.
        "How- what?" Tink stuttered, looking between the group of people, before looking back at Mary. Mary looked back at her in confusion, but gave the pixie a light smile. Tink gasped in shock, as if waking from a dream. She screamed in excitement, before she ran forward and attacked the girl in a hug. "Amaryllis!" She yelled in the girls ear, hugging her so tightly the young girl could barely breath. Tink soon pulled back and looked at the girl in wonder.
        "I'm sorry.. do I know you?" Mary asked her in confusion. Tink looked dumbfounded, staring around the group. Rumple stepped forward and spoke to Mary.
        "Mary, how about you and I go back to camp and watch it for everyone." He said. The girl nodded, walking over to her uncle. "Neal, explain to the group." He spoke to his son, before turning and leading the girl away. The group stood in silence, before everyone started talking at once.
        "What's going on?"
        "Why did Tink and the boy call her Amaryllis?"
        "Explain what?"
        "How did Mary get here?"
        "Baelfire! What's going on?" Tink spoke over the voices, looking directly at the former Lost Boy. Everyone quieted down and looked at Neal for an explanation.
        "Was it really her Bae?" The Lost Boy asked quietly, making everyone look over at him.
        "Yes, it was.  It's her Devin." Neal said, making the boy, Devin,  gasp excitedly.
        "Wait until Pan hears about this-" Devin was cut off by David though.
        "Who? She's who?" He asked, his voice laced with confusion and frustration.
        "You know how Tink and Hook were talking about Peter's true love?" He asked the group. They nodded. "Well what they didn't tell you, was that my father was the one that took her." Neal told the group. Everyone gasped, excluding Hook.
        "What?" Emma spoke, speaking what everyone else was thinking.
        "Rumpelstiltskin took her from Peter because of some deal that was broken when they were boys. I don't really know what the deal was, but I do know that Rumple took what he wanted when deals were broken." Hook said, voice laced with anger.
        "You knew?" Snow asked the pirate.
        "Yes, I knew. That's why I took her from you that day. I was going to take the bean and bring her back to Pan. But of course when she realized I had the bean, she took a sword to me and made me turn the ship around." Hook said, chuckling slightly.
        "And I didn't realize who she was until Pan said something that triggered my memory. When I went to New York, a lot of things got fuzzy about Neverland. I remembered her, but not her face." Neal explained.
        "So Gold took her?" Emma asked, still shocked.
        "Yes. I lived on the island with her for a while. My dad found me though, and he brought me back to the Enchanted Forest. I told him about her. About how she took care of everyone, and how much her and Peter were in love. So I guess he got it in his head to take her away from him, so he did. Apparently he took her some time before the curse, I'm not too sure. He erased her memories, and then she was sent to Storybrooke with everyone else. He created a fake story, saying that she was his niece. She's been with him ever since." Neal told the others.
        "So.. she doesn't remember any of us?" The Lost Boy asked sadly, his eyes dropping to the ground. He looked like more of a boy then he ever had in that moment. Like a boy who needed his mother.
        "She will, we just have to get her to Pan." Tink said determinedly, and the other agreed.
        "Maybe Pan will spare Henry for her." Regina said, hope filling her voice.
        "Right, I think that's my father plan." Neal told the others. "But she's doesn't know who she is, and she'll think we're nuts if we start telling her everything. Treat her as if she's just Mary, ok?" He told the group. The adults nodded, but the boy hesitated. "Don't worry Devin, it'll all be over soon. You guys will get her back, but help us get Henry." Neal pleaded. Devin nodded his head hesitantly, and Neal smiled at him. The group made their way back to the camp, and they saw Mary walking around.
        The group watched as the girl sat down against a tree, closing her eyes in content. She smiled warmly, running her fingers through the dirt. Everyone gasped as a flower grew from the dirt where her hands touched. Mary's eyes snapped open and she looked down at the flower. It was a small red and white flower, it was beautiful.
        "Look Uncle! Look at this flower!" She exclaimed, looking up. She the noticed the group and rushed over. She grabbed Snow and Neal's hands, dragging them over. "Look at it!" She exclaimed, pointing to the flower.
        "It's beautiful." Snow said, smiling at the younger girl.
        "It's an Amaryllis flower." Neal and Devin said together, smiling in happiness.
        "They used to fill the island. Peter used to grow them for Amar- I mean, the girl that used to live on the island. They were her favorite." Devin told the girl. She nodded and looked at him curiously.
        "What is your name?" She asked him.
        "I'm Devin." He told her. She smiled at the boy, but then frowned at the cut on his face. She ripped a piece of her sweater off, and walked over to the boy. She stopped in front of him and bent down a bit, rubbing the blood off of his face.
        "I wish I had some antiseptic cream with me, to make sure you don't get an infection." She said, smiling sadly at the boy. But suddenly, a bottle appeared in her hand. The boy laughed happily, while the others looked stunned.
        "You believe!" Devin said happily, voice laced with joy. The girl just shook her head, ignoring what had just happened. She opened the bottle and started spreading the cream over his cut. When she was done, she smiled happily down at the boy.
        "There you go, good as new!"
~~~~~Flashback~~~~~
        "Amaryllis! Amaryllis! One of the new Lost Boys fell off of a tree and scrapped himself on a rock. He's bleeding really badly."A Lost Boy said, bursting into her tent. She stopped herself from reading her book, and she stood up. Peter was currently out, getting some new Lost Boys for the Island, so Amaryllis was in charge.
        "Show me where he is." She said. Tommy nodded, taking her hand and pulling her out of the tent. They rushed through the forest to where Tommy had left the boy. Once the girl saw the boy lying on the ground, she rushed forward. Tommy wasn't lying, the boy was bleeding pretty badly. He clutched his arm to his chest, weeping quietly. Amaryllis bent down to the boy and gently brushed his hair out of his face. "What's your name kiddo?" The girl asked gently. The boy opened his eyes and she saw the pain in his expression.
        "Devin." He gasped out, breathing heavily. "It hurts." He told her. She nodded and smiled sadly as she summoned a few cloths and some antiseptic.
        "I'm going to have to clean some of those cuts before I heal you. It's going to sting a little bit. Hold my hand a squeeze when it hurts, ok?" She asked the boy gently. He nodded, squeezing his eyes shut and taking the girls hand. She worked quickly, cooing the boy when he whimpered. Once she was satisfied with how the cuts looked, she swiped her hand of his cuts, and they all instantly healed. When she removed the last cut, the boys eyes opened. "There, good as new!" She told the boy.
        "Thank you." He said softly, voice strained from crying. She smiled and gently wiped the tears from under his eyes. She pulled him up and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, smiling sideways at him.
        "Come on Devin, let's head back to camp."
~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~
        "Thank you." Devin said, smiling up at the girl. He once again hugged her, and this time she hugged him back.
        "I can see why the Lost Boys and Peter loved her so much." Snow whispered to Neal, and he nodded.
        "She was the closest thing any of us every had to a mother. We loved her and respected her." Neal whispered back.
        "As cute as this is, we need to focus on the issue here. We need to find my son." Regina said sternly. Everyone else seemed to snap out of it, and they agreed. Devin looked around at the group nervously. He was still loyal to Pan, even after everything had happened over the past fifty years. Could he really betray him like this? Even if it would help Amaryllis?
        'What do you know about Pan's intentions Devin?" Snow asked the boy gently. Devin hesitated, before talking.
        "I-I don't know." He said, avoiding their eyes.
        "He's lying! Where is he?" Rumple said, stepping toward the boy menacingly. The boy stumped back, and Mary wrapped an arm around his shoulder protectively. Devin sent her a smile of gratitude.
        "The hell are you doing?" David said, joining Neal and pushing Gold back.
        "I've carried enough lies in my life to recognize the burden. The boy knows what Pan's plan is." Rumple spat, making the small boy flinch. Everyone looked toward him, including Mary.
        "Is that true?" Neal asked.
        "You don't understand." The boy defended himself.
        "After all he's done, you're helping Pan?" Snow demanded.
        "He's not himself. He hasn't been himself since that night. I know he's changed, but I can't let go of the old Pan. I'm still loyal to him. I can't lose hope in him too, he already lost it in himself." Devin explained. Mary turned the boy towards her, looking down at his face.
        "Devin, please. Henry is like a little brother to me. I spent a year locked away from him, only to have him taken away from me an hour after seeing him again. Please help us. Please help me see my little brother again." She pleaded with the boy. He sighed, his resolved shattering.
        "Ok." He whispered to her. Then he turned towards the adults. "Pan told Henry that he needs his heart to save magic." He told the adults. Mary's eyes scrunched in confusion. Henry's heart? "It's a lie." Devin said, eyes closing in sadness. "He needs it to save himself."
        "What do you mean?" Neal asked him.
        "Pan's dying." Devin said, a lone tear falling down his face. "He's been dying since she left us. His magic could only sustain his life for so long after he stopped believing. He's our leader. We can't lose him too." Devin said desperately, looking at the adults. "He needs the heart of the truest believer to bring the magic back to Neverland. And once he does, he will be immortal." He finished, leaving the adults in stunned silence.
        "And what happens to Henry?" Snow asked, breaking the silence.
        "Well- well it's a trade." He paused, preparing to say the next part. "When Pan lives, Henry will die." Everyones hearts stopped beating for a second, before picking up speed with adrenaline. Everyone immediately jumped to action, forming a plan. Arguments began forming, and soon people were yelling.
        "We can't let Pan do this!" Regina exclaims angrily.
        "We need to stop and think of a plan for a second. we can't just act rashly." David mediates, trying to calm everyone down. Neal had stayed quiet, staring at the ground in silence. But then he snapped, eyes finding his father.
        "This is your fault!" Neal yelled, angrily rounding on his father. Rumple looked at his son in shock, not expecting the reaction. "Pan's dying because of you. He's evil because of you. Henry was taken because of you. If you hadn't taken the girl out of revenge, we'd all be safe in Storybrooke right now." He shouted, pointing an angry finger. Everyone stopped arguing to watch the fight.
        "Bae-"
        "IT'S NEAL!" Neal finally exploded. "You don't get to call me Bae, only Mary. You lost the right the moment you decided to take Amaryllis and get us in this damn mess!"
        "Enough!" Mary exclaimed, stepping in front of Neal. He looked down at the girl in shock, and she sent him a stern look. "Fighting won't save Henry. I don't know what my Uncle has done, but save it for later. Pan could be taking Henry right now! We need to make a plan." She said, and Neal calmed down.
       "You're right." He said calmly, turning away from his father. "Here's what we need to do."