2- "She is hot."

JAMIE

"And here I thought that meeting up with a stranger was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing." She stood before me with her hand on her hips.

I remained cool. "Well then, I guess you have to stop saying I'm a stranger, then."

She motioned for me to accompany her. We settled down near the cafeteria and ordered ourselves a cup of coffee each. She sat on the chair comfortably working her fingers on her phone. I was surprised at her cool and collected behaviour. Or maybe a bit too much since she wasn't talking at all. I had to do something fast. Oh yes, I almost forgot.

"Here, you dropped this the other day," I said, giving the bracelet to her. 

"Oh, I was searching all over for this. Thanks," she said, sounding unimpressed.

She brought two cups from the counter and we warmed ourselves to it. I waited for her to say something as she took a mouthful from the cup and opened her lips a little only to press them together to wash off the extra chocolate left on her upper lip. Her lips had a touch of a pink gloss, a little darker than before. Only a second later, I realized that I had my mouth opened slightly. I closed it immediately to make sure she didn't notice me.

Seriously, dude? You're better than this.

"So, stranger, how did you manage to find me? I'm pretty sure I didn't mention the college I'm studying at," She said with a look of 'you stalker' written all over her face. 

Of course I never considered this possibility. Women were so quick to jump into ridiculous conclusions, while we men drowned ourselves in confusion to their response. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration and sighed.

Thereafter, I explained it all right from where I accidently found her, till this very moment, including the obvious fact that I also studied in the same college, to avoid further misunderstanding.

"If you still don't believe me, you can always ask my classmates about me, or you can check the attendance record of one of my teachers, or--" I said when she bursted out laughing.

"Alright, alright, I believe you now. I don't need further clarifications," she said waving her hands before me. "You wouldn't believe what I was thinking about you before. I was actually planning ways to threaten you."

"Well then, you saved me a lot of trouble, thank you very much," I said sarcastically.

"Mention not," she played along.

We then talked about our college and other basic things before calling it a day. I was glad that things were finally cool between us. I was about to go when she made a humming noise.

"I'm slightly disappointed in you, Jamie," She said with a childish face.

"And may I know why?" I asked not able to understand the meaning behind what she said.

She took a step closer to me, making a sneaky face. "Aren't you supposed to do something before going?"

I stared at her lips again then to her eyes. "What do you want me to do exactly?" I whispered with a grin. We locked our eyes into each other for a split second until she broke away with a sigh. 

"Nothing special, I was only teasing you. I thought I was going to be asked since you took all the trouble to find me," she smiled stating out the obvious when she swinged her mobile phone along the phone strap with her fingers. "I hope you didn't spread anything disturbing about me. If you know what I mean?"

"Nope, not a word," I said, ruffling my hair nervously. "Listen I... My phone battery is dead and since I purchased a local sim card just recently, I still don't remember my number. I was planning to ask you tomorrow."