Special Chapter- "First Love."

This is a special chapter. Happy reading. ^ ^

Note: This happens before summer vacation. It is not directly in the story but of course is a part of the story. The chapters are going to be in past tense from now onwards.                                                               

                                                              Ashima

Today our World History teacher was absent. We were given an assignment to do but of course none of us were working on it right now. I checked up on my friends. The boys were dozing off as usual and the girls were busy working their hands on their poor little phones.

"Yooohoo... Jamie and Zen wake up." I shouted in their ears.

"Where in the world did that disgusting voice came from? It was so scary." Zen said suddenly sitting up in attention and saw me. "I-It was YOU!" he exclaimed shocked.  

"God bless your husband. He'll have to go through the ordeal of waking up by your high pitched voice." Jamie said praying to god-knows-what. Ugh! These guys, just how dramatic can they be?

"I pretend I didn't hear it." I said ignorning both of them.

I called Ayu and Lynda and somehow convinced everyone of them to hang out in our college campus instead of loitering inside the class.

"Attention everyone. We almost have forty five minutes of our free time left. So how about we utilise it properly." I announced. We sat forming a circle on the wide green grass under a tree. 

"Sounds like an idea. So what game do you have in mind miss disturbing element?" Lynda glared at me.

"It's not a game but rather a discussion. Each one of us will tell about their breathtaking experience of their first love. How about it? I don't think anyone should have a problem sharing it since its only us." I explained and waited for their reactions. Everyone's faces looked expressionless.

"Don't keep me hanging. Come on Ayu, it's only about first love. It can't be that embarrassing." I pleaded.

"But Ashima I..." Ayu trailed off looking down. Now I'm getting curious. What's up with those silent faces, I gotta find out.

"Okay I'm in." Lynda said raising her hand. I can't believe it. This must have been the first time she has taken my side.

"Thank you Lynda. Anyone else? Jamie?" I said looking at him my puppy eyes.

"Alright! I don't see any harm." he sighed.

"Yosh! three votes... You two have no choice now." Both of them gave up and agreed. This is gotta be exciting.

We placed the pen on the ground and spinned it and surprisingly it was my turn. Talk about a turn of events. I don't have any experience when it comes to the love department. I wish I had though.

"It was just a crazy crush I had when I was in seventh grade. There was this guy wearing glasses who sat next to me. His name was Ankit. He was one of the toppers of our class but he zeroed it with that cold attitude of his. He rarely talked to anyone except one boy who was his bestfriend. I tried to be friendly with him but no avail. I didn't liked him at all that time but one day his bestfriend invited me for lunch. Of course Ankit was there as well. When I sort of complained about him, his friend told me that he was just being too shy to talk. That day was the first time I saw him laugh. Slowly but eventually he started to open up with me and I realized that he wasn't a bad person after all. Infact I found him really cute."

"That's when you started liking him." Jamie stated the obvious.

"Yeah, I looked forward to seeing him everyday. I liked it whenever we talked, I was so glad to be friends with him. Ah! those blissful days. He'd even help me to study sometimes. I so wanted to hug him." I said hugging myself.