Chapter IV - Dark and Blurry

ALLISON

          The music was so loud, the club was dark and only the colorful streaks of red, blue and green lit up the place. I must have been imagining it's him. He couldn't possibly be Rafe. No, he wasn't Rafe Morgan.

          He sounded like Rafe.

          A man was behind me and I was still battling whether he was Rafe or not.

          You came here to have fun Allison. Rafe shouldn't be an issue.

          But what if it's Rafe? Then you should make him feel sorry for breaking your heart.

          A split second later, I lifted my arms again tracing the smoothness of his long neck as I swayed to the rhythm of the song. Slow, so slow. His fingers traced the length of my arms. Little by little he closed the distance left between us. Rafe or not, I didn't care. It's my night and I would have fun.

          I leaned my head back against his shoulder, feeling his solid chest hit my back. I reached behind me, threading my fingers through his hair. He groaned against my ear. Oh, god. We continued to sway gently against each other. The song ended and another soft music played.

          His lips grazed the exposed skin of my neck and I had to stifle a moan not showing him how his touch affected me. It was intoxicating. He's intoxicating.

          "Again?" he asked, voice dark and low. I couldn't utter a word. All I managed was to nod against him. No, that wasn't me. The alcohol must be held accountable for my actions.

          I felt him smiled against my neck before gently planting soft kisses on my now burning skin.

          His hand traced every inch of my body making my heart go wild, dangerously wild. He turned me around so I was facing him again. We stared at each other for a moment before he slowly dragged me to the darker corner of the club. A part of me wanted to stop this blurry illusion while the other side told me to go on. I listened to the latter.

          In this part of the club, there were fewer people and the light didn't reach us that much.

           His hands went back to my curves, pulling me closer to him. Slowly, he tugged the hem of my dress and caressed my bare legs. I groaned from the heat of his touch.

          It's times like this that I was thankful of masks. No one even glanced at us. No one knew us. Five hundred people or more but I felt so alone with him, as if every one vanished and it were only the two of us standing here.

          He turned me around so I could face him. "Can I kiss you?" His voice husky and a tinge of familiarity came through me.

          My eyes fell on his lips. I nodded, "Y-yes."

          He held my cheek with his hand, lifting my face up gently. The loud ballistic sound of the club faded and all I could hear was the sound of my heart loudly beating beneath my ears. He leaned closer and kissed my lips. More. I wanted to scream more. It started with slow lingering kisses until his tongue searched mine and we kissed with our tongues tangling. There was a cold longing feeling when he pulled his lips from mine.

He carefully watched my face before his soft feather-like words came out of his wet lips. "You taste so good." He planted soft kisses on the sensitive skin of my ear, teasing me. "So what brought you to this place?"

My breath hitched. "Fun. I guess?" I said, biting my bottom lip.

He hummed against me, and his eyes slowly darkened. "Did having a group of men watching you dance fun to you?"