Chapter XVII

RAFE

I rolled over to the other side of the bed and felt a pang of sadness cruising my chest. This feeling of emptiness seemed too familiar. Suddenly I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. "Allison," I whispered. "Allison!" I scrambled out of bed, accidentally kicking something I couldn't make out. I looked around and realized I was in Allison's room.

My mind was still spinning over the fact that Allison would ran away from me again. Admittedly, I wouldn't know what to do if I lose her again.

I looked at the clock and it's already quarter to eight. I heard voices from the outside and took a peak out of the window and saw a lady with a suitcase in her hand. She's probably Allison's nanny, Melanie. I quickly moved back when I saw her looked up. God, she had a strong sense.

Not long enough after the lady drove away, the door knob ticked and Allison came in. I rushed toward her not caring I barely had anything to cover me. I pulled her into a tight hug, breathing against her soft and fragrant hair. "Good Morning," I whispered.

"Good Morning, Rafe." I could hear the smile from her voice. "Mind wearing something?" She giggled.

"Only if you insist," I teased, cocking my head slightly.

She lightly punched my arm and looked away, covering her eyes like as if she didn't see me the moment she got inside the room.

"Allison, baby. Where are you going?"

She laughed, still looking away. "Stop it Rafe!"

"Come on, baby", I told her.

"Stop! Just stay where you are right now!" She commanded before she threw her oversized jimmies towards me.

"Hey!" I said as I caught the jimmies before it hit my face.

"Why aren't you wearing anything, Rafe?" She asked.

"I woke up from a bad dream and rushed out off bed when I realized you're not beside me," I told her.

"A bad dream?" She asked, now facing me.

I picked up my shirt from the carpeted floor and nodded. "Yeah. I dreamt of you," I muttered while I buttoned my shirt.

Allison stepped forward, her brows furrowed as she muttered the word, "Me?"

I shrugged, "Yeah. In my dreams, you left again."

Allison stepped closer to me. Her hand rubbing my arm gently. "I'm here, Rafe. I'm not going anywhere."

We stared at each other for a short beat before I smiled and kissed her.

I reached into my jacket and pulled out an envelope. Allison's eyes were trained on my hands as I took out a piece of paper from the envelope and handed it to her. She looked up at me, her eyes wondering.

"Open it," I whispered.

She nodded and unfolded the piece of paper. Her eyes almost immediately darted towards me. "Rafe, what is this?"

"You know what that is," I told her. "The proof of our marriage."

Crystal liquid started to pool in the corner of her eyes, and her full lips slowly curved into a tiny smile. "Wow," was all she was able to say.

"So?" I leaned closer towards her and examine her eyes.

"We really are real," she told me. Her smile widened as she took in this new information.

I pulled her closer to me and placed a kiss on her forehead. "We're real," I told her, remembering our first night together—the night we made our vows, and the night we became one. There's not a single moment that I didn't want to be with her. My hands travelled her smooth and silky skin and the sweet scent of her hair was just so tempting. I planted several kisses on her temple, and nibbled down her ears.

"Breakfast?" She looked up at me, grinning.

I swallowed as I looked down at her. "Here?"

She laughed and punched my arm. "'No! Downstairs," she told. "Melanie made blueberry french toast. It's heavenly."

I raised an eyebrow at her, "How heavenly? Tell me," I said, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "Or rather, show me."

"What are you saying, Rafe!" She mumbled as my lips met hers. Excitement came running through my veins until my phone rang and I stopped midway.

She smiled at me and walked back to her dresser. Fuck! I murmured to myself. If you could ever define bad timing, this would be a perfect definition.

I picked the phone and pressed the answer key. "This must be worth my time Ansel because I'm in the middle of something important."

"I'm calling about the Fashion Week."

My brows furrowed. "Ansel, I know you're aware that I am no longer modelling right?"

"I know Rafe but this is a huge show. Besides, Eva already made arrangements with Stella. We need you to be there."

"I need time to think about this, Ansel."

"Right. Call me whenever you're ready to hear our proposal."

"I can't guarantee that."

"Come on, Rafe. Just give us this show."

"I'll think about it. Bye for now."

Allison trained her patient eyes on me, and I felt a little disappointed that I was interrupted by that call.

"It's from Paris," I told her.

She shrugged, "It's none of my business."

"It's your business because your my wife and I want to know what you think about it," I told her as I forced her cotton jimmies to fit me.

"Really?"

"Of course. From now on, I'll let you know everything you need to know, " I said as I pulled her toward my chest and hugged her tightly.

She nodded.

"Let's talked it over breakfast, " I told her.

"But I already had my breakfast. I wanted to wait for you but Melanie wouldn't leave until I finish breakfast."

"There's no need to explain, Allison. I know you had a hard time trying to keep Melanie from finding out I am here."

"Just a little, " she said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Are you happy?" I asked her as we made our way out of the bedroom.

"That you're here?" she asked back.

"Yeah. Something like that."

"Of course, I'm happy."

I nodded, a little bit surprised. I should start getting used to this right? The fact that I finally had Allison back to my arms. "I'm glad I can make you happy."

End of Chapter

A|N: Thank you so much for your continuous support, lovely readers. As mentioned, I will try my best to keep the story going. I decided to keep each chapters short so I can update faster.

I hope everyone's having a good time. Today's a busy day at work, and it's too warm outside. It's ironic how I kept wishing for summer when it was winter, and now I couldn't stop wishing for winter again.

How are you coping with the heat?

Comment down how your day went and let's have a short chat. 😉