CHAPTER XIV

PLEASE PLAY THIS TRACK (you won't regret it - click on the video):

Two Less Lonely People in the World by Air Supply (rendition by KZ Tandingan)

"Tonight I fell in love with you
And all the things I never knew
Seemed to come to me somehow
Baby, love is here and now there's

Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe you're mine
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right
Now there's two less lonely people
In the world tonight"

ALLISON

Rafe closed the door behind him eyeing the pair of extra large sweatshirt and pants in my hand. Leaning against the door frame, he slowly shook his head and a small smile appeared on his face. He looked so good, his hair still dripping wet. I tried not look below his face. I kept trying, but still failed.

He was the first to break the tension building between us. "Sweatshirt and sweatpants," he rubbed the soft stubbles on his chin. "I guess I'll be fine with it."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, thanks to me for finding you something to wear," I said, dropping the pair on the bed. There's no way I'd go near him, not when only a piece of cloth was covering his...his...god I couldn't even say it.

"Of course. Thank you, Allison."

"No biggy." I turned to walk to my closet and quickly grabbed my pair of jimmies, dashing toward the bathroom before I'd even melt in his heated gaze.

I took my time in the shower, making sure not missing to exfoliate. I brushed my teeth for the third time. I applied moisturizer on my face, on my hand. Applied a sweet scented body lotion, and then moisturized again. I checked myself in the mirror one more time. Checked my skin, checked my eyes, checked my teeth. God,  why was I suddenly getting so excited? My heart hammered against my chest and I felt butterflies fluttered in my stomach. My hands shaking as I put on my sleep clothes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Relax Allison. Relax. I sang the mantra again and again, hoping it lessened the feeling of nervousness.

I let out one deep breath before I stepped out of the bathroom and darkness met my eyes. The mini lampshade sitting on my bedside table barely gave out a light.

My eyes darted on the bed, and I swallowed.

Rafe was shirtless.

And, to my enormous dismay, he's already asleep.

"God I can't believe I went through all that preparation," I murmured, almost laughing at myself.

I slowly walked toward the bed, sitting down at the mattress, just at the edge. Rafe looked so beautiful when asleep. Well, he actually always did.

I chewed my lip, watching him. His chest was the definition of perfect, and you could say this man never missed a day to work out. I sighed. I still couldn't believe I could be this close to him. I wondered how many women out there wished to be in my place.

I would never get tired of watching him, listening to him as he slept. Suddenly I forgot about the movie marathon, I forgot about my research papers, and I almost forgot the need to sleep. It was getting late, and my head started to throb again. Stupid rain.