Chapter 17

Amelia's pov.

After our a little moment, I quickly got off his lap and straighten out my dress. As I'm about to walk over to my desk, I feel a light slap on my bum and I jump in surprise before turning around to glare at Mr. Stone. He looks at me with a smirk and gives me a teasing wink.

"Asshole" I grumble shaking my head emitting a laugh from him as I walk away.

I take a seat and begin focus on my work. I pick up the post it note with Jason's number on it and dial before putting it on speaker in case Ivan wanted to listen. Someone answers on the third ring:

"Jason Maxwell speaking" said a deep voice from the other end.

"Yes Mr. Maxwell, this is Amelia Winters calling to arrange a meeting between you and my boss Mr. Stone" I reply curtly slowly glancing at Ivan to see him already gazing at me intensely.

"Oh yes Amelia, how's life been treating you" he asks, his voice expressing his sudden interest.

"I'm doing well sir thank you but I was calling about a meeting with Mr. Stone" I ask trying to keep the conversation as short as possible once I see Ivan's nostrils flare in annoyance.

"When was he looking to meet me? I'm free 3:30pm today if that's ok" he responds back in business mode and I glance over to Ivan for approval which he gives me a short nod.

"Alright then, three-thirty it is" I answer getting ready to hang up.

"I'll be looking forward to seeing you again Ms. Winters" he flirts before the line goes dead. I roll my eyes at his blatant flirting and turn my chair to look at Mr. Stone. His eyes were piercing and held an air of intensity that frightened me a bit.

"W-we'll be meeting him at 3:30" I confirm to him before turning towards my laptop, not wanting to be the center of his apparent annoyance. I begin typing away at my laptop trying to stay focused on the task at hand but find it very difficult with someone's constant staring. Feeling fed up, I swing my chair around to face him before speaking.

"Do you have a staring problem or something, because it seems to be all your doing today" I snap making sure my annoyance was very evident in my tone.

"Not my fault when all you seem to do is tempt me mia cara" he responds unfazed but his eyes darken slightly.

"If you're tempted with me just sitting here and doing my work that YOU assigned me then I think you have a major problem" I bite back making sure to put emphasis on the you.

"Mia cara, you could look completely shit faced and I'd still find you tempting" he says back with a small smirk and I blush causing his smirk to widen.

"Well quit it, you're distracting me" I mutter pathetically not having anything else to say.

I turn back to my laptop after my response and I hear him slightly chuckle before I hear a shuffling of papers notifying me of him going back to work. Deciding to do the same, I start typing up a couple of documents trying to stay focused. The documents were for future meetings and Ivan wanted me to put them in the filing cabinet once I was done. I print them out once I'm finished and walk over to begin putting them in the cabinets. It took about a half hour to finish typing and putting them away.

After that I was suppose to print up a contract that would be signed by Jason during the small meeting later today. The contract basically sealed the partnership between Maxwell and Stone Industries as they continued to work in major projects together. As time went on, the room remained completely silent both of us indulged in our work.