Chpater 24

Ivan's pov.

I got home after dropping Amelia off, and slammed my front door shut causing the walls to shake. Angrily, I stomped to my mini bar and poured myself some whiskey, immediately shooting it down my throat. Welcoming the burn, I slumped onto the stool, loosening my tie and poured myself another glass.

I thought back to Amelia's outburst and realize that I messed up. She had every right to be angry, I lied to her and made it no big deal. The thought of her crying because of me made my heart clench painfully.

"FUCK" I shout slamming the cup down furiously at my stupidity. I quickly sent her an apology text and set my phone down hoping she texted back. Moments later my phone rings and I pick it up, eager to hear her voice.

"Baby I'm so sorry for tonight, I was stupid for lying to you, and I promise to make it up to you" I exclaim nervously hoping she'd accept my apology.

"That's not exactly the greeting I was anticipating but sounds like you were expecting someone else" a masculine voice says making my blood boil.

"This does not concern you Alejandro so I suggest you mind your own damn business" I reply darkly trying my hardest to not explode.

"I just called to ask how you were doing, clearly there's been some trouble in paradise" he teases coldly and I grip my glass cup in anger.

"Again, Amelia is not your concern and neither is our relationship so if you have nothing important to say to me, stop wasting my time" I snap wanting to end this phone call.

"Actually, she means more to me than you think and if she sheds a single tear because of you I will kill you" he says equally as dark and I scoff in annoyance.

"Well frankly I don't give a fuck what you have to say nor do I care for your empty threats" I burst before ending the call and slamming my phone on the bar.

After a half hour of drinking countless amounts of alcohol, someone knocks on my door. Stumbling, I use the wall for support to get to the door before swinging it open.

"Hello babe" Simone purrs walking into my house and closing the door.

"Simone, get out" I slurred drunkly as she advanced towards me.

"How about we have a little fun first" she whispers leaning closer to my lips.

"I have a girlfriend" I slur weakly as she rubs my chest teasingly.

"The same girlfriend who didn't trust you enough to talk to me" she purrs trying to convince me. I snap out of my daze and muster enough strength to push her off me looking at her furiously.

"Simone I'm giving you 30 seconds to get the fuck out of my house. I'm in love with Amelia and I'll be damned if some attention seeking whore will ruin that. Now GET OUT" I shout surprised at how sober I sounded. She gets up embarrassed and scurries out of my house. I huff angrily before stumbling into my living room. I barely make it to the couch before loosing my balance and falling on the floor. The alcohol numbs the pain and I close my eyes, welcoming the darkness.

--------------
Amelia's pov.

The next morning I stumbled out of bed with a minor headache. Clutching my forehead, I slowly walk down the stairs and into the kitchen to grab some pain killers. Putting two in my mouth, I washed it down with some water before going back into my room to get ready for work. Sluggishly, I walk into my closet and grab an outfit to wear along with a pair of heels. I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower before putting on my outfit.