S

"Bats, come on! You have to believe me on this one; He's so cold! Freezing! He might even be close to having frostbites! Or maybe even colder!" urged Flash anxiously.

"Barry, Gray is a demon; he doesn't feel hot or cold," Batman reasoned with the speedster.

"But you heard what the kid said! He said I was warm! He can feel these types of things, Bats!" Flash pointed out in his defense.

Batman was silent for a moment, "But he didn't seem to physically mind you being warm."

"That's exactly it, Bruce! Maybe because he's so cold, he wants something warm for once, so when he cried out about me being warm, he didn't yell it out like it was dangerous thing, he yelled it out like he depended on it!" when the speedster didn't see the Dark Knight buying it, he sighed, and dropped his voice into a steady plea.

"Bruce, we're heroes, we help people... but why are we called heroes when we're completely ignoring a person in need?" 

Batman frowned, "Gray doesn't need anyone," with that, the Dark Knight spun around and left the speedster in silence.

"...everyone needs someone..."

*****

Gray silently admired his feather necklace. He cared about it so much that the necklace was as if it was part of him, although he'd never let it show. Sighing, he put the necklace around his neck once more and stared at the city below.

Nothing was on his mind at the moment. He was just listening to the silence--

"AUGH!" Gray clutched his chest in pain, and he struggled for air. 

Pain. So much of it. It crashed down on his heart, as if it was trying to suffocate it, and in the process destroying Gray.

Too soon. Too soon!

Gray knew what was going on, but he didn't know it would happen so soon. Gray knew what he had to do, but he wasn't allowed to do it.

The Focurile iadului.

And just like that, the pain vanished, as if it had never happened in the first place.

With tear-filled eyes, Gray continued gasping in large gulps of air, dumbfounded. 

What. The. Hell.

No, maybe he got his calculations wrong?

Five years... eight years... ten years...

Ah, rahat!

He had messed up. He had MESSED UP! Even at the most life threatening moments, he MESSES UP!

Gray let out a raged yell. He was so mad at HIMSELF.

He needed the Focurile iadului. He needed the Fires Of Hell. And he needed it now.

Gray ran a hand through his hair. But he wasn't allowed in Hell. Heck, he hasn't even been to Hell!

His body temperature was too cold. Dangerously cold.

For Hell's sake, why did it have to work this way?