Chapter 15

You don't need to scratch inside

No, just please hold onto your pride

Alex got home as fast as she could, rushing into the apartment to find Nicky and Piper sitting on the couch.

"Is someone gonna tell me what's going on?"

"I think I'm pregnant."

Alex looked towards Piper and felt her body freeze, "What?"

"I took a test, it was positive."

Alex still felt frozen, she couldn't even bring herself to speak.

"Can you please take me to the doctor, I need to make sure."

Alex managed to find her voice, "Of course, do you need me to make an appointment?"

"No, I've already sorted it out, I called the hospital after I took the test. Can you come with me tomorrow?"

Alex finally managed to move and knelt down in front of Piper, "Of course, I'll make sure I'm home all day. I'll take you, we'll sort this out." Alex placed her hands on Piper's knees, trying to steady herself as her mind raced through all the possibilities.

"What do I do? If I am.....what do I do?"

In that moment Alex went into survival mode, it's what she did best. It was the only thing she knew how to do sometimes, "I don't know, we'll work it out."

"I hadn't slept with him in months, if I am.....then it's from that night."

"I know."

"You didn't sign up for this." Piper stood up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen, Nicky stayed seated on the couch, hoping that Alex wouldn't run.

"You can't say that Pipes." Alex stayed close to Piper, trying to grab her hand, but she kept pulling away.

"So you're ready to be a mother? Because I'm not getting rid of it!"

Alex managed to keep a hold of Piper's hand this time, running her thumb over the soft skin, she was still in shock.

"I would never ask you to do that. Let's just take this one step at a time okay, I will take you to the doctor tomorrow. Let's just get through that first."

Piper finally turned to face Alex, who could see the fear in the blonde's eyes, "You can't leave me, no matter what happens tomorrow, you can't leave."

Alex pulled her girlfriend into a tight hug, she never wanted to let go. "I'm not leaving." Alex knew she would never leave Piper, but she also knew the last thing they were equipped to deal with was a baby, especially under these circumstances. Her life was so unstable right now, the last thing she needed or wanted in her life was a baby.

"What if I can't carry to full term, I can't go through that again. I don't know what to do Alex, please you need to help me."

Alex just kept hugging tighter, she could see Nicky still sitting on the couch, worry all over her face.

"We'll all be here to help Pipes, I promise."

0-0-0-0-0-0

The next day took forever to come, but finally, Alex and Piper were at the hospital, sitting in the doctor's office, waiting for the results. Piper had been so distant all day, Alex felt like she couldn't reach her.

"I always wanted a baby, so much. But I never thought it would happen like this."

Alex just kept holding onto Piper's hand, "Let's just wait for the results okay Pipes."