Chapter 18

She likes the sound

She likes the sand

She likes to stand, she can't afford to sit

Alex woke up the next day still lying on the bathroom floor. But now there was a pillow under her head and a blanket over her. She still felt exhausted, but she didn't have time to rest. Just as she sat up and leaned against the bath tub, she noticed Naya sitting next to her. Alex remembered that she didn't have her top on, and pulled the blanket up over her chest.

"I thought you'd never wake up." She reached across and brushed Alex's long hair from her face as she smiled.

"Neither did I....what time is it?"

Naya looked at her watch, "It's just after 4pm, you've been out for about 12 hours."

"Fuck!" Alex was annoyed at herself, she didn't have time to waste sleeping for 12 hours. "How much did you give me last night?"

"No more than you could handle."

That response made Alex uncomfortable, but she knew it was her own fault. She let Naya prepare the needle and inject her, even though she had no idea how much heroin she'd used. Her memories from last night were extremely blurred. The last thing she remembered was Naya injecting her, and then thinking about Piper. She promised her girlfriend she'd call every day, and she meant it. She needed to call her before she was out again all night, before she finally got to meet Naya's father.

"So when do I get to meet your father?"

Naya moved closer, "Tonight, I'll be here at 10 pm, then we'll go see him together. He wants to know if you can get him big volumes every month, he wants to spread his wings."

Alex didn't know what to say, she knew what Naya wanted from her, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. "Then I'll be ready by 10 tonight...And thank you, for last night."

The other woman smiled and kept brushing her finger tips over Alex's cheek. She was beautiful, in the past Alex wouldn't have hesitated to sleep with her, but not now.

"I'll see you tonight Alex."

Naya kissed Alex on the cheek and left the hotel room, Alex was relieved to finally be alone. She put her top back on and dragged herself off the bathroom floor, she felt completely exhausted and threw herself onto the bed. She set an alarm for 9pm to give herself time to get ready, but right now she needed to keep sleeping. The most important thing was that she'd secured the meeting with Naya's father, that in itself deserved the reward of more rest, it would be a long night after all.

0-0-0-0-0-0

Piper lay in her old bed, the one she used to share with Jack, and she hated it. In that moment she hated Alex for leaving and for making her stay at her old place. Everything reminded Piper of her old life, and of that night. She stayed away from the kitchen as much as possible, her anxiety spiked every time she was in there, it reminded her of what Jack did to her and Alex. She couldn't step foot in that kitchen without remembering his weight on top of her, the fact that she couldn't push him off. If it wasn't that, it was remembering what he did to Alex, the fact that he had nearly killed her that night, Piper hated that house.

Alex had only been gone a week and Piper was already wrought with anxiety, after one fucking week. How was she meant to cope for another 2 months? It made her hate herself, it made her feel weak. The baby was the only thing stopping her from using heroin, but she still craved it.

Diane was staying with her for a few days and Piper couldn't express how thankful she was. Her emotions were all over the place and Nicky was still annoyed at Alex for leaving. She heard Diane knocking on her bedroom door before opening it.