End

Simon's POV
Even though I don't have magic, I'm carrying the boxes down these stairs by myself.
"You" I say to Baz, picking up the next box, "even have super-strength. You could do this in half as many trips."
"Yes-" He puts the milk bottle in Arwen's mouth. "-but then our Normal neighbours would start to wonder, and they're already curious about the baby that popped out of nowhere."
"The neighbours don't even know about Arwen."
"Well they will wonder, once they see the baby. How it looks mysteriously like both of her cool and better looking dads than any parents have a right to be." He looks up and pulls the bottle out of her mouth. "Speaking of, come here, Dad -she's stinking up again."
I thought that Baz would know how to change a nappy, or even bother to know how after Penny gave him numerous lessons. But Penny says I need to have some patience with him and just because I gave birth doesn't mean I can get away without doing anything. I still have milk coming out my nipples too, which Baz won't stop mocking:
"I'm sure it'll stop soon, I asked Mrs Bunce."
Penny's casting Rain Rain go away, come again another day on me each morning, so the Normals don't see my weird wet patches on my shirt. The spell doesn't hold all day, I'm afraid they're gonna start leaking during work.
"Just tell people you spilt something down you," Baz advised.
"What though?"
"I don't know; anything, they all look the same."
I sit in front of Baz now, on the coffee table-I'd carried it up about a year ago now. He hands me Arwen and I take a sniff. "Urg! I know what this is!"
"Chocolate with a slight spill of lemonade.
"It's like smelling a rotted cactus." I say. "I thought we put a clean one on her."
"Didn't Bunce change it? You have to start doing this yourself, Snow, Dad-sufficiency." He holds his wand at Arwen and taps her nappie. "As clean as a whistle!"
"Oh Baz, come on. You know I hate As clean as a whistle on her. Now we're gonna have to feed her again."
"Beggars can't be choosers- I don't want to touch her shit."
Penny walks out of her bedroom, looking a bit frazzled. "Simon, have you seen my crystal ball?"
"Should I have?"
"It's in a box marked Careful- Crystal Ball." The when I brought that box in last year, I'd cracked it. "Oh hey Arwy! I didn't know you were here!"
"She's going to be here all the time, Bunce. Once you move out she's having you bedroom."
"Did you come to help me move out, Arwen?"
I give her to Penny, she let's out a squark of happiness.
Baz and I are getting a flat together now, Penny's moving out to live with Micah and Apollo. Micah finally popped the question and they're getting married at the end of October.
I've only been to one wedding, and it was a in a cheap office with plastic flowers, I sat at the back out the way. It will be nice to go to another one, especially Penny's.
Agatha is coming over from California then. Penny says she's bringing her two dogs. I still haven't talked to her, and Penny didn't say anything about the twins.
It's been a three month inquiry into why I gave birth, in the end we figured that I acquired my uterus when I thought about the dragon, wasn't thinking clearly Mr Bunce said.
I thought I would be having girly stuff going on, but I haven't and I don't think I will in the near future.
I haven't gotten pregnant again either.
Baz decided he could live with just hugs and kisses and Mr Bunce recommends I should take the uterus out, just to be safe.
I think I am, though.... safe.
I mean, I'm a boy!
I'm still seeing the psychiatrist in Chicago. She's now 5 in the world after what happened. We still do our sessions over Skype. I finally got Baz to talk to one of her colleagues and so far, he's doing well.
The magics hasn't got back to Hampshire. But the smaller ones are slowly filling in. Penny's dad keeps calling to update me on progress even if it's half a millimetre, I'm still really happy. It's still not a big deal, me costing the holes, it doesn't effect me. But for other reasons.
Penny's dad got me into a class that teaches restoration ecology and soon I'd be out there with him helping. Baz is coming to an end at his time i the London School of Economics, he's pondering whether to stay at home for a few years to look after Arwen and occasionally Apollo.
He's calling me Simon more and more recently, especially when we are being soft with each other. (All that's still happening, too. I told Baz I was gay, a few days after I gave birth, he gave me a firm kiss on the lips; my therapist says it's big steps for us, especially having the babies.)
Anyway, Baz and I get our own flat in a few days, we're buying paint in a few days for the nursery. Penny already has hers sorted, it was the first room in the house she did.
I never thought this would happen.
I never thought there was, once again another path that would lead me here. A fourth-floor flat with two bedrooms a new kettle (Penny's taking the old) and a grey-eyed vampire sitting on the couch, playing with his new daughter.
I never thought there would be a path that would lead to me having my own children.
When you look at it that way, there isn't anything I would regret. For Baz, for Penny, for me.
Sometimes I have dreams of being back at school with Agatha and Penny, with no two coloured eyed baby.
There's no panic, just an sadness and sometimes I don't think it's real. Baz wakes up in the mornings to find Arwen sandwiched up between us, I think he knows how she gets there, but he's not saying anything. And I'm greatful.
The doctor in Chicago doesn't really know how to explain it, she just says it's love, and a newborn child is what came out of ours.
I'm happy, happier than I've ever been. I look at Baz, he's only 19(ish) and he has stress lines on his forehead, but he's happy, holding our 3 month old baby.
Penny's wrapping a lamp in bubble wrap, she's just smiling, and humming a tune, she's happy too.
A small giggle erupts from Arwen, she must be happy too.
I love my family, we are an odd group of magicians, vampires, wings and tails. But we are a family, odd, but a family.
It's a happy ending, I realise, like the ones in fairytales, I think, I hope, everything will stay alright.
Because it fantastic to me.